Should I...shouldn't I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
It's made of steel not aluminium, and is a far classier bike imo :whistle:

Its strange, years ago people were paying more to move from steel to aluminum. Then more recently people were paying more to move from aluminum to carbon.

Now people are paying more for a steel than aluminum. How does that work? Being cynical I think the answer is - marketing.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its strange, years ago people were paying more to move from steel to aluminum. Then more recently people were paying more to move from aluminum to carbon.

Now people are paying more for a steel than aluminum. How does that work? Being cynical I think the answer is - marketing.

Now I've never bought into this marketing malarkey, i found if you buy new bikes every year or two you avoid it :whistle:

Nebulous

Guru
I have the older 2018 version in blue and red. I also got a fantastic deal, though not that good. It has been very good, and has become my go-to bike.

I've fiddled with it a bit, changed the wheels for Hunt ones with a dynamo, added a longer cage mech with a 32 cassette instead of a 28. I use 28 tyres with guards permanently attached.

Ultimately it's more about comfort than speed, but as an audax rider that is more use to me.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Personally i don't see the point when you already have a titanium disc bike that your not currently riding for whatever reason........

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The roads are filthy so I'm using the Boardman which I don't mind being grubby. Also, the Ti has clipless pedals which I can't use due to lack of flexion in arthritic knee (trying to address with physio), and I just haven't got round to changing to flat pedals (I've done on Boardman and Ginger Genesis)

Top Bottom