Should I...shouldn't I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Nah I'm just a whinging old Yorkshireman :laugh:
Clearly :whistle:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Depends what the discount is. But a new pricetag of £2,200 for a 10.39kg bike with 105 is daylight robbery in my opinion. Easily £500 of that is just paying for the brand.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends what the discount is. But a new pricetag of £2,200 for a 10.39kg bike with 105 is daylight robbery in my opinion. Easily £500 of that is just paying for the brand.
You’re entitled to your opinion. And I wouldn’t pay that anyhow esp as it doesn’t have the components I want.

Plenty of people pay 2k for a carbon bike and I paid 2.2k for Titanium with what would be considered a lesser spec (although it’s the spec I wanted)
I’ve quoted the discount several times above

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Well obviously. But some brands charge more for their name than others. Even a cursory glance online finds something like this. Hardly a store brand and I struggle to see a good reason to pay £1,000 more for the Genesis if you dont have a discount.

https://www.evanscycles.com/cube-attain-sl-2020-road-bike-EV369875

Or £500 more for the Cube.

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin...MIgfPaw_f75gIVFeDtCh1SyQG3EAQYASABEgKCDvD_BwE

Slick

Guru
Well obviously. But some brands charge more for their name than others. Even a cursory glance online finds something like this. Hardly a store brand and I struggle to see a good reason to pay £1,000 more for the Genesis if you dont have a discount.

https://www.evanscycles.com/cube-attain-sl-2020-road-bike-EV369875
You do have a point and in any case, it is much closer to what I paid for my Genesis anyway.
The Genesis is pure quality but like most bikes, you will add your own upgrades eventually.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt anyone will pay list for the Genesis as its out of the C2W limit. I called a dealer to see if they have one in the showroom to look at. No, but they can order me one no problem...£1865

A steel condor with that spec would be well north of £2k too

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well you are a lady who doesn't like black bikes... This may be the decider..
It does look like a good bike for our roads and if the Reynolds hype is all its said to be it should be a very nice ride.

I've not ridden a quality steel bike so i really should so i can understand the attraction

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well you are a lady who doesn't like black bikes... This may be the decider..
It does look like a good bike for our roads and if the Reynolds hype is all its said to be it should be a very nice ride.

I've not ridden a quality steel bike so i really should so i can understand the attraction
Yep and being unable to see one as dealers don't seem to have on the shop floor.
The ride is lovely on mine and that's on 25mm tyres so 30 should be better still

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have an earlier version which I love and have just ordered hand built wheels for it to make sure it remains my favourite go to bike. Mine had TRP Spyres which I hated and eventually upgraded to shimano and they have never let me down. I've bought a couple of other so called better bikes since but I keep going back to the equilibrium.

I also like a bargain, so I probably wouldn't even think about it. Get it. :okay:
The answer to all “should I get it” questions is........ YES!

Top Bottom