Should I...shouldn't I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, clearly I don't 'need' it but I have been offered the opportunity to get this for somewhat less than half the RRP (from a totally legitimate source).

https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bike/equilibrium-disc-2020

Pros...
it's new and shiny
I love my rim brake Equilibrium
It's a very good price and I have never been able to resist a bargain

Cons...
Shimano groupset / hydraulic discs (could also be a pro once used to it)
Half of the paintwork is black :ohmy: (so is the tape but that can be changed ;) ) I've not seen it in the metal yet
I have a perfectly good alu disc braked bike (and new wheels waiting to be fitted)
I also have a titanium disc braked bike which needs a pedal change from SPD to flats but is virtually unridden :blush: (I even have the new pedals :rolleyes:
I'd need to sell at least one bike to create space

Ummmm

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Get what?

Venod

Eh up
That's my kind of bike, if you really need to sell one, sell the alloy keep the Ti, the budget bits are the wheels, Jalco rims and Formula hubs, perfectly useable but better are available.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You shouldn't...

... but I suspect that you will! :smile:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
You shouldn't...

... but I suspect that you will! :smile:
Hmmm...luckily I don't have to decide too quickly
(other that the fact I need to sort the new wheels out...with a 10 speed cassette to go on the bike I may sell)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
When (not if) you get the bike let us know how the braking on the two bikes compare.

I have always been impressed by the braking on my Genesis caliper brakes.
Mine has Shimano long drop rim brakes (it was built from frameset (not off the peg). Nothing is stock Genesis beyond frame and forks

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Naked bike so a good blank canvas.

The external cable/hose routing looks a little untidy, but I grasp that makes servicing easier.

Top Bottom