should i tell anybody about this...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
Get the Police in, in no way can this be described as wasting their time.

What a bad smell by the side of the road? What odds are you giving me on roadkill versus human?

Maz

Guru
Cab said:
The one who made the rhyme, did the crime.
LOL! I 'aint not never heard that come-back before. Nice one.

I was down in Cambridge yesterday celebrating Eid with family. On the way back nearly drove into a RLJer on Newmarket Rd. Then a few more near misses on the way up towards Huntingdon Rd. No lights in dense fog (the cyclists, not me, that is).

Pete

A word of caution, folks. In early autumn (not now), in woodland, if you notice a nasty foetid stench, it's quite likely one of these. Very common throughout much of Britain. Of course, getting the Bill out there with all their blues and twos might be fun, if embarrassing...

andygates

bonj said:
But since I smelt it again tonight, I can't help thinking 'what if it's a dead body?' :biggrin: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Probably is. Probably a dead badger.

RB and I had nightmares a couple of years ago about those smells after a woman was splattered by a tractor. Can't help but think "what if that was me, and nobody noticed, and I went all bloaty and stinky and they just kept driving on past?"

So stop. Poke it with a stick. Badger skulls are cool.

mrben said:
strange women lying in canals distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
:thumbsup:

Abitrary

This sounds to me like symptoms of an occultist sacrificial site nearby.

Are there ley lines intersecting this place?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
slighty off topic but only regular commute home I ride past a house that really stinks of cannabis. I suspect its probably being grown in large quantities.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

oh riiiiight, yes - i didn't think about the possibility of it being an animal.

Abitrary said:
This sounds to me like symptoms of an occultist sacrificial site nearby.

Are there ley lines intersecting this place?

actually that sounds a lot more likely. How would i find out about ley lines, is there a map of them on the internet or something?

bonj said:
How would i find out about ley lines, is there a map of them on the internet or something?

Lay two stickss across your handlebars: When they swivel you've crossed a lay line ;)

Abitrary

bonj said:
actually that sounds a lot more likely. How would i find out about ley lines, is there a map of them on the internet or something?

Just had a look, and it would seem, no.. except for ones around Glastonbury etc. It's all a very dark subject

Sacrificial sites are more likely to exist on meeting ley lines though, because there is more earth power there or something?

What are the locals like? Do they nod at you suspiciously, smoking pipes and say stuff like, 'arrrrr, off somewhere on your aluminium broomstick, is you boy?'

Maz

Guru
Abitrary said:
What are the locals like? Do they nod at you suspiciously, smoking pipes and say stuff like, 'arrrrr, off somewhere on your aluminium broomstick, is you boy?'
More like: Where tha' goo-in on't baa'ik?

Top Bottom