Should (multiple) babies be allowed in pubs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Having a beer with a mate early evening, with one end of the room dominated by a bunch of mums and babies. 8? 10? Loads. Buggies everywhere. Baby-noise incessant. I mean, one baby is ok I guess, two at a stretch, but a pub isn't a damn creche. Pubs are for having a beer with your mates, aren't they?

defy-one

Yeah totally mate, unless they are family pubs. If that became the norm, I would take my custom elsewhere. When we took the kids for a pub lunch, it would always be on the weekend and always a family pub with a kids play area.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What is your issue. Early doors.... Pubs are dying every day out of Londump...

We have some really nice pubs up my way that do the mum kid stuff in the day and the adults later - guess what, it's not gone bust yet.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Did it have a breast-feeding area?

Actually, I suppose the logical answer is to move all the boozers out into the "smokers' shelter" outside, and rename the rooms inside The Nappy Bar, The SMA Bar, Baby Powder Lounge etc.

It really will happen.

TVC

It's a business, the landlord will set the policy that will bring in the most money. All hail the market.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's actually an expanding market, niche, but it has potential

The main focus is on mum and toddler mornings and afternoons (times when pubs are normally quite dead) but it seems the pub you go to is missing the point a little

But at the end of the day it's probably welcome income!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Having a beer with a mate early evening, with one end of the room dominated by a bunch of mums and babies. 8? 10? Loads. Buggies everywhere. Baby-noise incessant. I mean, one baby is ok I guess, two at a stretch, but a pub isn't a damn creche. Pubs are for having a beer with your mates, aren't they?

Family pubs with play area's YES
Drinkers pubs NO

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I used to meet with a group of mum's when mine were little, but it was in a separate room to the main bar and they weren't allowed into the bar area at all. It was during the day so there usually weren't that many drinkers in there, so I imagine we were good regular business for them.

It's a case of time and place for everything. My two are now grown men but it seems like only yesterday that they were babes in arms so I can relate to parents who have very young children.

There is a balance to be struck. Sometimes I wish certain parents with youngsters would be mindful of their surroundings and display consideration for others. I'm not bothered by the sound of a baby crying ( unless it's in distress and in need of help ) but uncontrolled youngsters running amok when I'm trying to enjoy a bit of P+Q is pushing it a bit.

U

User482

You don't get many babies in pubs past about 6pm, which leaves the whole evening free for miserablist drinkers, who in any case, are free to choose a different pub.

Top Bottom