Should (multiple) babies be allowed in pubs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

I haven't found a pub with a family area that I've wanted to drink in yet tbh - they're usually unremittingly awful, with terrible beer and worse food.

Would rather head for one with a beer garden or somesuch that gets them out of the way of the seasoned drinkers (sigh, I remember being one.....)

Pubs marketed as family friendly are to be avoided at all costs - they're nearly as bad as pubs with flat roofs. If you see a "family friendly" pub with a flat roof and a "Help For Heroes" banner, I suggest you run. Quickly.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
"Family rooms" in pubs are simply horrible, don't you think? I certainly thought so when Miss slowmotion was small.

didn't do me any harm :cheers:

Attachments

• sherry.jpg
    sherry.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
Am I the only one that thinks it is a sad state that these 'ladies' are so desperate for a drink with their friends they have to take their offspring to the pub?? No doubt they will claim it is now a nice enviroment that there is no smoking (do they take the little darlings with them when they slope outside to light up) but I am sure when I was a sprog and my mother wanted to see her mates it was round the neighbours for a cuppa and a nice biscuit.

RoyPSB

Über Member
Pubs marketed as family friendly are to be avoided at all costs - they're nearly as bad as pubs with flat roofs. If you see a "family friendly" pub with a flat roof and a "Help For Heroes" banner, I suggest you run. Quickly.

Excellent :laugh: - made me laugh out loud (hate that text speak crap)!

colly

Re member eR
I remember with great fondness standing outside the doors of the local as me mum,dad, nan, uncles etc and assorted cronies had few jars of a Saturday night.
Every now and then the doors would swing open and a heady waft of beer/smoke laden fumes would emit and we kids might catch sight of our mum or dad laughing away within the murky depths of the forbidden territory. Every so often we would be sent some lemonade and crisps to keep us happy. Proper crisps that is, with a blue waxed paper bag containing salt, buried somewhere under the crisps.

The social services today would have been apoplectic with rage/concern/indignation.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We dont often get to go to a pub with the kids - it will mainly be for a meal during the day. But when at the folks caravan, the local pub is well geared up for kids, indoor play area and kids are welcome in the main lounge there is an adults only lounge too, and at weekends they have kids entertainers on. Kids can stay in the lounge until 11pm, when we all tend to head back. Fridays have entertainers and karaoke for the kids. Keeps the pub ticking over, and sees it through the winter.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My local lets families in, I don't see the problem with babys being let in. Pubs have to evolve and drum up custom where they can. There are too many pubs closing because of dwindling trade. My pub also lets dogs in, and has a water bowl inside for them.

Top Bottom