Should shoes be Taxed, MoT'd and insured?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Pedestrians use the roads so should be made to pay for them through having to purchase a Tax Disc which could be displayed on the upper of the left shoe. Walking can make you fart so you couldn't claim exemption for zero emissions either.

Insurance in case you are jaywalking and cause a vehicle or cyclist to swerve and crash, or barge into an OAP and knock them over.

And an MoT to get rid of those old shoes with worn down heels which may make the wearer stumble and cause an accident, with a structural test especially conducted on stilletto heels.

Makes sense to me anyway.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Are my vintage Loakes tax exempt?

Davidc

Guru
The new pavement fund will have the option of flat, high, or platform rate. Women will be able to apply for the Emelda discount card, which will cover tax and insurance on up to 10,000 pairs of shoes.

With the shoe MoT set at £6.00, and compulsory while you wait repairs in case of failure, Timpsons shares have risen 198% on the day ....

gavintc

Guru
Actually an MoT for people would not be a bad idea. Enforced, annual inspection before you are allowed to walk would reduce our health problems. Those that fail would be required to drive.

Davidc

Guru
gavintc said:
Actually an MoT for people would not be a bad idea. Enforced, annual inspection before you are allowed to walk would reduce our health problems. Those that fail would be required to drive.

I don't want to sandal awkward, but I'd fail and I don't like driving. Can cycling be an alternative?

But where will I put my pavement tax disc?
topless-sandals-topless-flip-flops.jpg

Or should that be 'pavement excise duty'

Top Bottom