Should You Install E-Assist On Your Trike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I converted mine but then again the Titanium 'upgrade' to my leg didn't go too well.

wotsthat

Regular
read an article recently (that i'll try to find again to post here)
saying you get just as much exercise/benefit with the assist

wotsthat

Regular
having finally got rid of the car and about to build a bamboo recumbent trike ( hopefully to travel far an wide)
I absolutely am going to have e-assist, just have to work out which hub or mid - but that's another thread

I had e-assist on my trike, and wouldn't have been without it. You can still get the same amount of exercise, but get far more miles under your bum for your efforts. Without it, I would have been limited to more local rides, instead of really getting out and about. Added to that, there are some crippling hills where I live, that have even the most avid of cyclists forced to dismount. To be able to tackle those means that you don't have to spend hours route-planning, trying to flatten out rides into a manageable state.

wotsthat

Regular
I had e-assist on my trike, and wouldn't have been without it. You can still get the same amount of exercise, but get far more miles under your bum for your efforts. Without it, I would have been limited to more local rides, instead of really getting out and about. Added to that, there are some crippling hills where I live, that have even the most avid of cyclists forced to dismount. To be able to tackle those means that you don't have to spend hours route-planning, trying to flatten out rides into a manageable state.

That is what i want - tae go further nice!!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
The answer is no. Absolutely not under any circumstances whatsoever..............

Unless you want.to.

Top Bottom