Shouting Match

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, I had another twunt today - almost the same place, in a large black Audi. Same stuff 'get on the ****ing cycle path!' followed by driving off very quickly and hand gestures over his shoulder. This time he didn't stop anywhere near me - however I did almost get run down by another 4*4 driver near the private school where the bloke had been dropping his kids off the day before...

What is it at the moment? A series of coincidences? The good weather? Schools being back...?

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, I had another twunt today - almost the same place, in a large black Audi. Same stuff 'get on the ****ing cycle path!' followed by driving off very quickly and hand gestures over his shoulder. This time he didn't stop anywhere near me - however I did almost get run down by another 4*4 driver near the private school where the bloke had been dropping his kids off the day before...

What is it at the moment? A series of coincidences? The good weather? Schools being back...?

You've just caught Magnatomitis :biggrin:

I've got an absolute stinker from yesterday, managed to record a driver saying 'I'll F*ckin nock you off your bike. I did absolutely nothing wrong. I'll post later and you can judge for yourselves.

Oh and I saw a chap shaving whilst driving today. I think I caught it on camera :biggrin:

yenrod

Fly - you whupped his fat cardrivers ASS !

'Well in' their lad !!!

I often wonder why CDs feel they have the god given right to do this. ****ers.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
yenrod said:
I often wonder why CDs feel they have the god given right to do this. ****ers.

TBH, councils don't help - in Manchester, where there's an off road "facility" all the ASLs suddenly disappear. The implication is that if you're on the road, you take your chances...

LLB

Flying_Monkey said:
Linford, go away. Cyclists talking.

Mmmm nice condescending post there. I've been on the sharp end of it as well, with numerous types of vehicles. It still doesn't escape the fact you are guilty of the same basic error of judgment you accuse others around you of doing. Perhaps you aren't so different after all. You let your temper get the better of you....

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
linfordlunchbox said:
Mmmm nice condescending post there. I've been on the sharp end of it as well, with numerous types of vehicles. It still doesn't escape the fact you are guilty of the same basic error of judgment you accuse others around you of doing. Perhaps you aren't so different after all. You let your temper get the better of you....

Linford, stop trolling and go back to Soapbox if you haven't got anything to contribute here. Don't try to pretend your post had a point.

Flying_Monkey said:
Linford, go away. Cyclists talking.

Not wanting to rock any boats here (I respect a lot of what you say FM), but this post is quite condescending. Linford is certainly a wind up merchant but just take what he says with a pinch of salt if you don't like it.

I must admit I was a bit surprised when you posted that you'd had stern discussion with a 4x4 driver. However, I was only surprised because you are normally so thoughtful and don't generally take part in arguments. That's what I do (apparently). However, we are all human and it is certainly understandable why you got angry. It is hard to keep a level head when you receive abuse on the road.

So guys, just agree to disagree. I'm sorry if that comes across as condescending, but I know I'm superior, because I'm magnatom the vigilante cyclist superhero.......wooooosh! (allegedly!)

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
magnatom said:
Not wanting to rock any boats here (I respect a lot of what you say FM), but this post is quite condescending.

I know. It was supposed to be. Linford knew what he was doing, so I doubt I have hurt his feelings... :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey said:
I know. It was supposed to be. Linford knew what he was doing, so I doubt I have hurt his feelings... :biggrin:

Ah, fair enough. Child number two had a bad sleep last night, so I didn't get the best sleep either. Brain not fully functional.....

I'm serious about be superior though........:biggrin:

LLB

Flying_Monkey said:
Linford, stop trolling and go back to Soapbox if you haven't got anything to contribute here. Don't try to pretend your post had a point.

Indeed I have. You just labeled a large group of people as '4*4 self-gratification artists' which gives the impression you think all who use them are just that - why am I not surprised you have always been so hostile :biggrin:

Funny enough I agree with your stance about the cyclepaths, and spent 1/2 hour attempting to explain to one of my towns road planners during a public consultation a few weeks ago why cycle paths don't work for cyclists and give drivers 'IN GENERAL' the notion we don't belong on the roads - he said 'I never thought about it that way before' :biggrin:

I'm not surprised the ignorant driver said that you come over in a condescending manner though, as you do here also :angry:

LLB

Linford has an insecurity that he can't command. He drives a 4x4 (with child-killing bull-bars attached), and so thinks that any detremental comment aimed at any 4x4 driver is aimed at him.

There are idiots in all kinds of vehicle.

I take that as a deliberate attempt at baiting me rather than a useful contribution to the thread :biggrin:

Guys, this is fast degenerating into soapbox material.

[Condescending mode] Take your petty discussion to soapbox. [/Condescending mode]

Top Bottom