Show me your chopper??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Hi there,

Sissy bars always stick, plenty of easing oil, light taps at the base and patience is needed.
The age of a Chopper can be told by the hub date, assuming the wheels are original...
The kick stand needs a 'compressor' on the cup/stand in order for the securing pin to be removed as its under pressure form the internal spring arrangement.
Do a Google on this as I have seen an instructional sequence to do this using some homemade tools to achieve this. Here is one way:
http://raleigh-chopper-net.tripod.com/Tech_Stuff.htm

Spally

Cheers mate. A bit more patient then on the sissy bars :smile:

Spally

hi guys,
any of you had your frame resprayed? If so have you done it yourself or had it professionaly done?

thanks
Paul

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Mine was already sprayed when I got it, there are a number of Chopper realted sites out there that can help with colour codes and matching, well worth a Google.

Spally

cheers, have registered to a few chopper sites, but they all seem a bit dead shall we say. No responses yet. Found a guy advertising on ebay who says he does restoration work, but again no reply.
Going to give it a full clean and a buff up to see if i can keep it original, but not holding out much hope on that.

Spally

Stage 1 of restoration complete. Strip/sand blast/ respray

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 81

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We didn't bother with Choppers so much around here,their fixed gear in these parts made cycling anything over a mile a nightmare. We either had a 3,5 or if posh a ten speed drop handlebar. Not only that but my lanky long legs kept hitting those handlebars when i had a go on a cousin's who got one for his 10th birthday.:laugh:

Top Bottom