Show me your chopper??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
About five years ago, I saw an original Chopper at my local council dump, and the bin men let me have it for a fiver. It sat in the back garden for a year and then the Missus made me take it back. I would be rich now if only............!

A similar thing happened to me, a mate had one that he rescued form a building site, said I could have, I forgot to go round and get it, a few weeks later is was gone. Skipped! GAH!

ChopperGav

Über Member
My bum's numb at the thought of 100 miles.
the thought of 100miles in 1 go on my chopper is scaring me ;-)
Slight cheat in regards to the seat, I had it recovered using three different grades of foam. Soft, firm & orthopaedic,, it's like riding an armchair now, the most comfy bike I own. The only problem was a certain localised numbness (for two days) my fault didn't take the weight off the seat, no lasting effects!
Distance is no problem on the Chopper i positively love it, hills however are hard work with that little rear wheel but downhill is an absolute hoot.
We have a 200 mile in a day sponsored ride in the planning a "Chopp 'til you drop" if you like & this years rapidly approaching.
If you could sponsor us it would be very much appreciated, thank you.

www.justgiving.com/choppersforchoppers

Thanks.

Spally

chaps after some help. Picking up a mk2 tomorrow and it's in need of, shall we say, plenty of TLC. Can anyone point in the direction of places that do chopper parts? want to try and restore the bike using as many original parts as possible.

cheers

ChopperGav

Über Member
chaps after some help. Picking up a mk2 tomorrow and it's in need of, shall we say, plenty of TLC. Can anyone point in the direction of places that do chopper parts? want to try and restore the bike using as many original parts as possible.

cheers
Hello & welcome to the wonderful world of Chopperdom.
What sort of parts are you after? Most enthusiasts probably hold several spares themselves so maybe tempted to sell a few. Be warned a lot of people think these bikes are made from gold so tread carefully with the prices.
Billing Chopper & muscle bike show is coming up soon on May 31st to June 2nd, you would probably get most things you are after there. Post a few photos of said beast it would be good to see it.

Spally

Hi CG thanks. Not sure exactly what parts will need replacing as its an ebay jobby, picking her up tomorrow so will have a better idea then. Will post some pics once i've collected her. Going to be a nice restoration project and have no intention of trying to make a quick buck, want to keep this for prosperity :smile:

Spally

hopefully this picture works now.

Attachments

• chopper.JPG
    chopper.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 94

ChopperGav

Über Member
hopefully this picture works now.
So an Infra Red Mk2, well done you are going to have some fun. I really hope you do ride it because they belong on the road. I have ridden mine nearly 600 miles in the last year & fun doesn't even come close. I'm taking part in a charity ride on June 1st & riding 100miles with a mate on his.
If I can help I'll try, just ask.
It's going to be great.

Spally

So an Infra Red Mk2, well done you are going to have some fun. I really hope you do ride it because they belong on the road. I have ridden mine nearly 600 miles in the last year & fun doesn't even come close. I'm taking part in a charity ride on June 1st & riding 100miles with a mate on his.
If I can help I'll try, just ask.
It's going to be great.
Already looking forward to riding her :smile: 100 miles on one though....not sure about that lol

Spally

He should have paid you!
If I had a pound for every person that has said that, I would have enough for a new tyre now ;)

To me half the fun is going to get it back to its former glory. Enjoyed restoring an old raleigh road bike recently and am sure I will have more fun doing the chopper :smile:

Spally

hi guys, getting married on saturday so the restoration is going slowly. That said i have some questions i was hopping someone could answer for me:

1) any tips on removing handlebars and sissy bars? mine seem well and truely rusted in place.
2) how do i tell the exact age of my chopper?
3) is there a special tool i need to remove the kick stand?

thanks

Top Bottom