Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Found a picture of my TCR! not the greatest, but it'll do :smile:

205950_2177525592230_1069581547_2539389_5847859_n.jpg

fungus

Veteran
Thanks for the reply. My Defy comes with a steel fork so I'll be upgrading the wheels,fork and groupo over time. Mainly wheels first for the fact that the wheels weigh around 3 kilos for the pair.

I have a Defy 4 (2009 model) which came with carbon forks at the time. The only things I've upgraded (so far) are the stem/bars, seatpost, saddle & wheels as the stock equipment was pretty heavy. It's a nice bike, quite quick & handles well that is mainly used for commuting. The frame/forks used to be the same throughout the range.

Linford

My old OCR1 Bought it new, sold it on, bought it back, then was pinched from my garage.
Can't remember the spec apart from Ally frame, carbon forks, 105 groupset, Truativ chainrings/bottom bracket thingy, 700c x 23 Xero wheels, and fitted me really well.
I really miss that bike :sad: .

It took me years of hassling to agree to get it back off the dude I sold it to and he only agreed to do that as he had a clipless moment on it, frightened himself silly , and I had a Marin Hybrid he felt more comfortable with.

189989_10150131479263704_589918703_6360948_1271655_n.jpg

Nice Defy 3. I've only test ridden a friends Defy 2, my bike shop don't let people test ride their bikes so am yet to see how the '11 #4 rides in comparison.
How do you find it for long distance rides?

Hello Kinetic

there are a couple of stockists in Milton Keynes that would let you try them out for size if thats any help

Chaineys 01908 504004

Roy Pinks 01908 210688

give them a bell, MK is not that far from you if you wanted to ride over ^_^

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Thanks for the replies guys, had a word with the shop, they said when I've paid enough for the Defy I can ride it and decide whether I want it, or upgrade to a higher end model (although cannot afford that at the moment)

10.7kilos (#4s weight) is lighter than my XC bike and my old retro bike anyway, so can't complain.

Will have her next week.

Maylian

Veteran
This is my new Giant, arrived today and quickly assembled before work. Now just need to get some new kevlar tyres to match it and I will be a happy bunny...

NewBike.jpg

Attachments

• NewBike.jpg
    NewBike.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 67

stumpy66

Veteran
Giant defy composite 1 2012. Just after maiden voyage ^_^
IMGP0001.JPG
IMGP0001.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0002.JPG
    IMGP0002.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Hey everyone, just a question or maybe a favour.

The weight is 429grams for my Deda stem and bar combined.

Do you think the weight will be considerably different to the stock bars and stem on my Giant Defy?

Thinking of selling my Deda bars and stem if it won't be.

Could anybody with a 2011/2012 Defy alu model weigh their bars? It'd be a huge help!

Thanks.

Gary E

Veteran
Ahhhhhh get the saddle off the wall, get the saddle off the wall!!!!

lol, great looking bike. Will be looking at one of those myself for my next purchase.

Top Bottom