Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Birthday badge and cake at work tonight cheers lads!

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Spiffing up our design center in time for our 'surprise visit' (inspection) by our new owners tomorrow. So. Much. Fabric. No one ever puts them back where they go and I have replaced 42 broken hangers just on one wall- this is about 1/14th of it. But I have found some interesting ones, and some have fabulous names like 'Aerosmith Aqua', 'Dadgumit Navy', 'Becoming Peacock', and simply 'Da Bears'! ^_^

Attachments

• 20180113_135703.jpg
    20180113_135703.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
The robot I use is going to be famous!
Yesterday we had the crew from "car S.O.S" drop in as they need a canopy made for a messerschmitt car. It was scanned yesterday with a 3d scanner we use, to create a 3d model. I will machine a mould from the model with the robot. Once that is done, I will make a tool to hold it, and then cut out the vac formed canopy.
3 Weeks to complete it, and I am away on holiday for one of them :smile:

R6Ygmn8.jpg

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Punnet sealing machines, we have 4 with each having several different pattern punnet tooling, each toolset alone cost IRO £22k. The machines are IRO £100k each
One has snapped bolts and suspect parts internally do strip, assess, replace bits and order non stock parts...2 hours
Toolset mounted to machine.
20180207_145710.jpg

Head striped exposing heater plates and mats, return springs, second pad from the right has a broken spring embedded into the plate...really embedded into the aluminium. Mind, I think there's 4 tonnes of force used every time it seals.
20180207_131847.jpg

20180207_132141.jpg

Damage to the spring seats and you can see one of the sheared bolt threads standing just proud between the two seats.
Drilled them out and retapaped. Alignment is critical but I've kinda got it good enough so they can still use it.

2 hours work. 40 odd bolts to remove / refit. 4 heaters, 4 thermocouples removed, 2 heater pads replaced, 3 new bolts, 34 new springs...and today I ordered £1100.00 worth of heater base plates and bits to replace the ones I've kinda bodged to get them going again...it was never a full repair, more a strip, repair what I can, assess what I need and reassemble.

Attachments

• 20180207_132602.jpg
    20180207_132602.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 53

JhnBssll

Veteran
We got the first cartons through for our new pruning chainsaw, the Universal chain 18.

What's so special about this particular carton you might ask... Well take a look at the photo and zoom in on the right hand 2 photos...

It's me..! :laugh: We couldn't find a model that was confident with a chainsaw so they asked me to step in for what I suspect will be my one and only foray in to modelling :laugh:

midlife

Guru
Chainsaw dangerously close to shoulder height :smile:

JhnBssll

Veteran
To be honest calling it a chainsaw is stretching it a little. Its really a pruning saw, super-low chain speed (8m/s?) and non-removable tip protector make it pretty safe. Certainly no chance of any kickback anyway!

Top Bottom