Show us what you're doing at work today

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Justinslow, 16 Feb 2017.

1. Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa Senior Member

Birthday badge and cake at work tonight cheers lads!

2. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Cardinal Member

Spiffing up our design center in time for our 'surprise visit' (inspection) by our new owners tomorrow. So. Much. Fabric. No one ever puts them back where they go and I have replaced 42 broken hangers just on one wall- this is about 1/14th of it. But I have found some interesting ones, and some have fabulous names like 'Aerosmith Aqua', 'Dadgumit Navy', 'Becoming Peacock', and simply 'Da Bears'! ^_^

Attached Files:

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
    Hugh Manatee, gbb and Rickshaw Phil like this.
  3. The robot I use is going to be famous!
    Yesterday we had the crew from "car S.O.S" drop in as they need a canopy made for a messerschmitt car. It was scanned yesterday with a 3d scanner we use, to create a 3d model. I will machine a mould from the model with the robot. Once that is done, I will make a tool to hold it, and then cut out the vac formed canopy.
    3 Weeks to complete it, and I am away on holiday for one of them :smile:

R6Ygmn8.jpg

Last edited: 31 Jan 2018
  4. keithmac

keithmac Über Member

Another day, another MP3..

20180130_093912.jpg
    20180130_093858.jpg

5. keithmac

keithmac Über Member

Fuoco front suspension today, living the dream!.

20180203_093739.jpg

Justinslow, gbb, videoman and 2 others like this.
  6. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Punnet sealing machines, we have 4 with each having several different pattern punnet tooling, each toolset alone cost IRO £22k. The machines are IRO £100k each
    One has snapped bolts and suspect parts internally do strip, assess, replace bits and order non stock parts...2 hours
    Toolset mounted to machine. 20180207_145710.jpg

Head striped exposing heater plates and mats, return springs, second pad from the right has a broken spring embedded into the plate...really embedded into the aluminium. Mind, I think there's 4 tonnes of force used every time it seals.
    20180207_131847.jpg
    20180207_132141.jpg
    Damage to the spring seats and you can see one of the sheared bolt threads standing just proud between the two seats.
    Drilled them out and retapaped. Alignment is critical but I've kinda got it good enough so they can still use it.

2 hours work. 40 odd bolts to remove / refit. 4 heaters, 4 thermocouples removed, 2 heater pads replaced, 3 new bolts, 34 new springs...and today I ordered £1100.00 worth of heater base plates and bits to replace the ones I've kinda bodged to get them going again...it was never a full repair, more a strip, repair what I can, assess what I need and reassemble.

Attached Files:

7. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

We got the first cartons through for our new pruning chainsaw, the Universal chain 18.

What's so special about this particular carton you might ask... Well take a look at the photo and zoom in on the right hand 2 photos...

It's me..! :laugh: We couldn't find a model that was confident with a chainsaw so they asked me to step in for what I suspect will be my one and only foray in to modelling :laugh:

8. midlife

midlife Veteran

Chainsaw dangerously close to shoulder height :smile:

JhnBssll likes this.
  9. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

To be honest calling it a chainsaw is stretching it a little. Its really a pruning saw, super-low chain speed (8m/s?) and non-removable tip protector make it pretty safe. Certainly no chance of any kickback anyway!

10. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

Chain’s slack...

11. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

And here come the trolls :laugh:

gbb and bruce1530 like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

No hi-viz??
    No helmet??
    :laugh:

gbb and JhnBssll like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Justinslow

Justinslow Lovely jubbly

Spot of hedge cutting on a cold but bright morning.
    23A28B7B-9C32-475E-91A9-D478B0112BE1.jpeg

grecinos, gbb, Cuchilo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

39329740815_c25ac5dc46_z.jpg
    Fitted these and went back today to cast some concrete cills .

15. Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa Senior Member

Slowly making my way through replacing all the worn rollers this morning

keithmac, Cuchilo, gbb and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice