Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
One of the problems with not being the only one in the workshop is sharing equipment. Drill bits and taps.. fed up of everyone using and abusing them, never find the one you want etc etc (only a mild moan :rolleyes:)

Made myself a stand, 2.5 to 12.5mm drills, 3 to 10mm taps.
A couple bits missing but that' in my box now...shan't have to go hunting for bits anymore.
20180215_132354.jpg

keithmac

Guru
One of the problems with not being the only one in the workshop is sharing equipment. Drill bits and taps.. fed up of everyone using and abusing them, never find the one you want etc etc (only a mild moan :rolleyes:)

A couple bits missing but that' in my box now...shan't have to go hunting for bits anymore. View attachment 395944

I have to go hunting for my tools now and again, worst one was my £450 Snap-on battery impact gun that had been "borrowed" and left outside.

Years ago I lent a chap my brand new 3/8ths ratchet, saw him attempting to hammer in a C90 front wheel spindle with it!, I was bloody livid!.

The joys!.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have to go hunting for my tools now and again, worst one was my £450 Snap-on battery impact gun that had been "borrowed" and left outside.

Years ago I lent a chap my brand new 3/8ths ratchet, saw him attempting to hammer in a C90 front wheel spindle with it!, I was bloody livid!.

The joys!.
I guess we all have that...
Toolkit about 6ft away from me, I'm working on a machine, I turn round to see a guy rustling through it. :angry:
'Whatcha doing Tavares ?' :huh:
'Looking for a screwdriver :smile:'
'That's my personal kit mate, i dont mind lending stuff but please ask'
'Sorry, I didn't think :blush:'

David, kind of apprentice.
'Can I borrow your tape measure ?
'Yeah help yourself mate '
He measured something on the floor, stood halfway up and tossed MY tape on the floor so it clattered down (I assume he was going to use it again)
'Dave :eek::huh:'
'What ?'
'That's MY tape you just chucked down
'Sorry :blush:'

Ratchets as hammers, had that too.

:gun::gun:

A couple bits missing but that' in my box now...shan't have to go hunting for bits anymore. View attachment 395944

A pet hate of mine!
As an apprentice anything we bought, the company would pay half, so I got a full set of micrometers, and various other measuring equipment before the four years were up. I also bought my own set of drills as I cannot be bothered looking for the company equipment.
I used to let the apprentice use my stuff, I told him to put them back as soon as he was finished. First time he left something out I warned him, second he had to go hunting for company equipment.
I grind all my own drills, and it is surprising how many machinists cannot grind them. (A basic skill when you use them all the time) It tells me a lot about the machinists ability when I look at their drills!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
IMG_0246.JPG

Sorting out issues at a modular buildings company

Top Bottom