Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Basically this machine but our product is in punnets ...

The rollers that form the bottom seal of the film
20180330_084943.jpg
keep seizing, juice from occasional crushed grapes builds up and gets like glue so a simple problem that required a 3 to 4 hour strip down. .
20180330_092807.jpg

Cleaned, bearing all checked, running freely. New cylinder fitted that automatically opens and closes the rollers.
20180330_094829.jpg

Just got the covers to refit. Rollers all adjusted to run on line...continued after with as much of an annual service as I could fit in, drive chains lubed and tensioned and various other condition checks. Service to continue next week, machine back working for now.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Yesterday I had to do safety training at a factory after a worker had an accident.

20180330_202628.jpg

These are corrugated fasteners, "wrigglys" or "zaps", used to connect two bits of timber together and fired through a pneumatic tool at 100psi. Somebody wasn't paying attention so this happened (not for the squeamish)
IMG_0745.JPG

That's the back of his hand and you can just see one of the two fasteners at the very bottom of the wound. Lucky guy, no tendons were severed.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fascinating machines!
Plenty of manufacturers of flow wrappers out there and the Redpack is relatively easy to set up and generally reliable but they'e funny things, the slightest thing can send the film wandering off and they'e fustrating as hell when they go wrong, it' all about setup and experience.
I never liked flow wrappers, never got topside of operating them (not that I have to) but mechanically they'e relatively simple.
Priced up two of the drive shafts sticking out in the first photo and four sleeves that fit in the alloy blocks...over £1000.00, but not needed now I've inspected it all.

keithmac

Guru
Had the pleasure of working on this this week, 1983 CB1100R one of only 150 brought into the UK.

Had new tyres and full service with valve clearances etc, fitted orignal exhaust system back on (nice and standard!).

20180414_143451.jpg

I've got this to put back together on Tuesday when the valve shims turn up, just like a big jigsaw really!.

20180414_132052.jpg

plantfit

Guru
Working at home in my retirement on a 56 year old Lister diesel engine restoration, nearly finished

P1060524.jpg

Top Bottom