Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Got my Triumph all back together running and fault code free.

20180512_141402.jpg

Then got legged into a Fuoco with snapped/ corroded throttle cables, 3hrs in...

20180512_141327.jpg

Serge

Über Member
It's not very busy in the kitchen today. I've got loads of thyme on my hands.

DSC_0928.JPG

gbb

Legendary Member
Checkweigher failed to complete it's start-up process and alarmed Failed To Set Azm Zero....whatever Azm is ?
20180608_110859.jpg

Check the weighcell connections, no debris on the sole of the weighcell plate, belts aren't fouling each other...nothing obvious found so maybe it' in the settings.
20180608_105225.jpg

All looks ok....hmmmm.
Create another program with the same values...It works ? What I noticed was the new program when setting up had significantly slower belt speeds (these are user adjustable for different products). Figured in the end it wouldn't Zero Azm (whatever that is) because excess belt speed was perhaps creating vibration which upset the delicate weighcell.
Delete old program, run with new.

You get no training for this stuff, you just have to percevier, you learn as you go.

keithmac

Guru
Needed a delicate touch to change a battery on this MV, think they made it as inaccessible as possible!.

Bit of a job trying not to scratch anything!.

20180606_135918.jpg

20180606_143100.jpg

Next up, had to use the welder to remove the remains of a broken needle roller bearing out of an R1 wheel without damaging it, bit of a ball ache!.

20180607_110119.jpg
20180607_110656.jpg

woodbutcher

Veteran

keithmac

Guru
I love my Ducati but oh boy that MV is a dream machine :smile:

They are a great looking bike, very similar styling to Ducati (was it the same bloke who designed the 916?).

midlife

Guru
Checkweigher failed to complete it's start-up process and alarmed Failed To Set Azm Zero....whatever Azm is ?
View attachment 413205
Check the weighcell connections, no debris on the sole of the weighcell plate, belts aren't fouling each other...nothing obvious found so maybe it' in the settings.
View attachment 413206
All looks ok....hmmmm.
Create another program with the same values...It works ? What I noticed was the new program when setting up had significantly slower belt speeds (these are user adjustable for different products). Figured in the end it wouldn't Zero Azm (whatever that is) because excess belt speed was perhaps creating vibration which upset the delicate weighcell.
Delete old program, run with new.

You get no training for this stuff, you just have to percevier, you learn as you go.

Bitd AZM = azimuth

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Needed a delicate touch to change a battery on this MV, think they made it as inaccessible as possible!.

Bit of a job trying not to scratch anything!.

View attachment 413214

View attachment 413213

Next up, had to use the welder to remove the remains of a broken needle roller bearing out of an R1 wheel without damaging it, bit of a ball ache!.

View attachment 413215 View attachment 413216
Suddenly I don't feel quite so bad about having to remove two panels to get at the battery on my CK1.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
They are a great looking bike, very similar styling to Ducati (was it the same bloke who designed the 916?).
The late Massimo Tamburini, I think designed the F4 thus planting the DNA for subsequent models.
Previously designed the iconic Ducati 916, which explains the similarity.
Of course I could be spouting bull crap, so I stand to be corrected.

keithmac

Guru
The late Massimo Tamburini, I think designed the F4 thus planting the DNA for subsequent models.
Previously designed the iconic Ducati 916, which explains the similarity.
Of course I could be spouting bull crap, so I stand to be corrected.

I resurrected an F4 a few years back, had been stood for years with some fuel in the tank at some point; worste thing you can do!. Either keep it topped up and started or drain it all down.

Was a nightmare of a job..

20170127_151417.jpg
20170127_154034.jpg

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I had a succession of across the frame 4 pot bikes. Then I traded a ZZR1100 for a Ducati 900SS and was then forever a V-twin man. Just loved the torque and drivability, also the elegance and simplicity of the design.
I could never understand why Tamburini put a 4 cylinder in the MV.

Top Bottom