Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I got paid eventually, but I would not trust him as far as I coulf throw him! He is a very clever guy, but is trailed by failed projects. He blames everyone else, but there is one common denominator in it all!

I did some work for a friend of mine on an RZ500 track bike he was building. He was converting the cylinders to use RGV250 barrels as they had better porting and sorted the problem of one of the cylinders overheating. The cases needed machining, and some plates machined to put it all together. The bike is still being built 10 years later, but it is a very special bike.

Sounds like a very in depth project there. Not had a lot to do with the RD/RZ500's but this one is for road not track and the engine appears in good order.

Looks an interesting design.

A proper v4 2 stroke, unlike the square four rg500 that everyone likes to use for their 500 2 stroke reps. It reminds me I need to drag my 2 strokes out and get them built and ridden, instead of walking past them each time I go into the garage!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_0916.JPG

Waiting...... For quite a while!

:excl:

Hicky

Guru
B8454165-40CE-4853-824D-1BB9980EE9CE.jpeg

Servicing diffusion pumps, clearly the one on the right isn’t in good shape. The manufacturer doesn’t offer repair so tomorrow I’ll be trying to spot weld if I can’t find a firm in Mcr with more experience than me to do it.

Zipp2001

Veteran
In the final design stages of a rough sculpt for a stocking holder for one of our customers. Hoping to get them to sign off and get it over the Master Sculptor and into product real soon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzunydemvE

gbb

Legendary Member
From the relative excitement and interest of a start of a major overhaul of a bagging machine, I've posted pics of it before....new shafts, linear bearings, lots of grease removing and cleaning g, various re routing of cables...circa 5 hours work and maybe £700 in parts...work to continue soon with new transmission belts etc....
To this....:laugh:.
20190611_095013.jpg

Toilets blocked again....give it a good plunge....sorted :laugh:xx(
Theres no job I wont do....

gbb

Legendary Member
Part 2 of a overhaul on a bagger, new vertical carriage drive belts, each 30mm wide, around 1.5 mtr long.
20190612_113228.jpg

20190612_113219.jpg

20190612_113237.jpg

Around 90 minutes work, access to the back belt meant getting squeezed in the machine is neccessary, This one was a breeze to tension up, the older machines have a bottom sprocket assembly with both sprocket fixed which makes equal tension almost impossible due to any variation in belt lengths, this one has independent sprockets.
20190612_113400.jpg

Replace any of the relays that are operating IRO 30k times a day...just to reduce the probability of later failures and downtime.
With yesterdays parts, cost around £1k in spares.

Top Bottom