Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Start of another shift & I'm waiting for my time slot to get on the dock and load up

IMG_1393.JPG

Tin Pot

Guru
I'll kick this off with "scraping moss off a patio" oh the joys.

View attachment 338067
IMG_7804.JPG

keithmac

Guru
Oops I've a gsxr 600 srad not turned a wheel in a few years 98 vintage, carbs never been off, I expect that will be in a mess too.

Yeh, we used to import 400's from Japan and 9 times out of 10 they needed the carbs stripping.

With a carb bike if you're planning to stand it up draining the tank and fload bowls is normally good enough.

Stale fuel bloody stinks as well..

gbb

Legendary Member
Servicing a labeller like this...

Clean all sensors.
Remove infeed belt assembly, clean rollers, check bearings, clean belts.
Ditto discharge belt assembly.
Ditto centre belt assembly, replace spindle bushes.
Remove cutter blade, thorough clean, remove excess label adhesive.
Clean anvil.
Check silicone oil dosage system, ensure oil hasn't contaminated belts, replace if it has.
Check Emergency stops, safety switches etc.
Clean printer / thermal head, conduct test print.
Calibrate label sensor.
3 hours work, no rush today.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yeh, we used to import 400's from Japan and 9 times out of 10 they needed the carbs stripping.

With a carb bike if you're planning to stand it up draining the tank and fload bowls is normally good enough.

Stale fuel bloody stinks as well..
Had an NC30 lovely bike but very small, I remember the days of BAT motorcycles etc and the grey import boom.
Do the carbs need ultrasonic cleaning or is manual scraping and carb cleaner good enough?

keithmac

Guru
If you strip them down and give them a good clean (carb cleaner, brass brush airline blow gun) then normally that's good enough.

We bought an ultrasound bath and they do clean up better in there but you still have to strip them down first.

Drago

Legendary Member
Todays 'work' consisted of removing the old locking wheelnuts from the Ford Fusion of Elderliness, because the key is missing.

Took 30 seconds per wheel, so if you think lockers will protect your wheels you need to think again.

subaqua

What’s the point
Todays 'work' consisted of removing the old locking wheelnuts from the Ford Fusion of Elderliness, because the key is missing.

Took 30 seconds per wheel, so if you think lockers will protect your wheels you need to think again.

struggled a bit then did you ...

£25 for a set of removers for ANY type. and a 3ft breaker bar.

it stops the opportunist but not the dedicated scouser :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Nope. 12 point socket, hammer it on, bar it loose, off it twiddled. Not wasting money on unnecessary extractors.

It takes longer knocking the nut out the socket prior to attacking the next one than it does to get the nut off in then first place. Wouldn't stop an opportunist, unless they left the house empty handed.

Top Bottom