Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I did mention trying to remove it and replace parts but had to cut it off in the end. Front pipes/ collector box and rear downpipes are all one unit from Honda.

The pipe in the picture is obsolete as well, can't order a Honda one.

keithmac

Guru
Ducati in for a starter motor today, "interesting" design, more like an afterthought!.

Lovely customer so made it a more palatable job..

20200530_163956.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Same here, Africa Twins etc as well I struggle to get my leg over (ho ho).

Nice bike though as you say, Ohlins suspension etc.

SGG on a bike

Ducati in for a starter motor today, "interesting" design, more like an afterthought!.

Lovely customer so made it a more palatable job..

View attachment 526252
Must be an Italian thing. The starter on my Maserati is in the "V" of the V8, nicely hidden under the Plenum chamber and a water manifold with eighth outlets. It's a twelve hour job to change it! I do have a soft spot for those Ducatis though, despite being a Guzzi owner with the ditch pump the other way round.

ozboz

Guru
That's a patio??!!??
Anyway, I'm waiting for some customers to come in the shop
View attachment 338080

That’s interesting , I’m a Tiler , is that one of the National companies like CTD or a private enterprise ,?

keithmac

Guru
Must be an Italian thing. The starter on my Maserati is in the "V" of the V8, nicely hidden under the Plenum chamber and a water manifold with eighth outlets. It's a twelve hour job to change it! I do have a soft spot for those Ducatis though, despite being a Guzzi owner with the ditch pump the other way round.

Sounds about right!.

The Italians don't like visible fairing fasteners either, I've spent 3 hours taking panels off where it would have been 1/2 and hour for the sake of a couple of fasteners!.

They do like to make things more complicated than they have to be it seems.

SGG on a bike

It does seem to be an Italian theme. You can't do any job on the maser without having to remove at least three things first. Even a headlight bulb change is about an hour and that's if you know what you're doing. We've had a few Alfas over the years too and they were just as bad. I think they're all a little eccentric in their own way, but that's what gives them character and makes them endearing.

ozboz

Guru
Just me, myself and I @ozboz :okay:

Looks a tidy showroom with a good selection of Tiles ! Hopefully things will get better soon, I’ve drifted away from site and shopfitting, but the domestic side has gone a bit quiet , I have begun to get out of fixing , I’ve been at it since ‘73 , I am present in abeyance after applying to some of the of the leading training and assessing organisations for our trade . Lots of reading the BS stuff ,
they do have some incredible names for Tubbed ready mixed addy ! and other stuff

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Looks a tidy showroom with a good selection of Tiles ! Hopefully things will get better soon, I’ve drifted away from site and shopfitting, but the domestic side has gone a bit quiet , I have begun to get out of fixing , I’ve been at it since ‘73 , I am present in abeyance after applying to some of the of the leading training and assessing organisations for our trade . Lots of reading the BS stuff ,
they do have some incredible names for Tubbed ready mixed addy ! and other stuff
Thank you, yeah I do a mammoth selection of tiles alongside the bathrooms and kitchens. We'll see how things get on when we open up again, that picture is from three years ago.
Not surprised you're starting to get out of it if you started in '73! How are your knees doing?

Top Bottom