Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
@palinurus - did you make it click ??? :scratch: :excl:

Not substantially. It clicks normally, and randomly, due to background radiation. The reading stayed around 0.1 micro Sieverts/ hr at the bottom of the scale and normal for background radiation (taking a flight will give a dose in the order of 5-10 micro Sieverts/ hr)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

First job ob the day.. Retrieve a broken down driver and his trailer, leaving his truck to be towed away.

(BTW, it wasn't the driver that was broken down, only his vehicle!)

gbb

Legendary Member
New, old, machine, learning it as we go...

View: https://youtu.be/0ozZuRqgwok

Not ours in the video, just a promo. Ours has a label printer thats been problematic, so not sure if its mechanical or settings or electronics. It runs a bit then stalls, motor running but it can't overcome some friction somewhere.(thats how it seeks to me)

A motor drives the ribbon reel at the bottom, the reel at the top is free running.

There's loads of settings all accessible by this simple 5 button pad, took ages to navigate my way through it all, frequently getting lost.

Photo below....The green discs on the upper and lower rollers are clutches. The free running roller one had a higher setting than the bottom drive one so the drive couldn't overcome the top, hence frequent stalls/ jams.

No idea how, someone has struggled with it. Tomorrow will tell us if we are going to struggle too...or whether I fixed it by making the drive clutch stronger than the driven one.

gbb

Legendary Member
The saga continues. It's been running ok'ish but after one days running, the belt you can see at 10 o'clock snapped. It snakes it's way around about 10 pulleys, you have to take the motors off to get access, unplug various bits, it's as fiddly as heck.
While refitting a new belt over the belt sprocket at 10 oclock...the bearing has gone, you can waggle the sprocket around. So that's maybe where the jamming is occuring ?
Problem is, the parts drawing doesn't show any bearings. It's either part of the shaft to the sprocket...or integral or supplied with the entire chassis side plate, which will be incredibly expensive (based on the prices I've been quoted for normal spares and has a lengthy lead time from Germany.
New belt fitted and it's on a wing and a prayer until the story plays out from the suppliers.

keithmac

Guru
Waiting for my self isolating online year 8 class to turn up.
View attachment 563066

My lad was off for 2 weeks, they just emailed him lessons or used Google Classrooms.

Nice to see you are still visible to your pupils.

Julia9054

Guru
My lad was off for 2 weeks, they just emailed him lessons or used Google Classrooms.

Nice to see you are still visible to your pupils.
We are an iPad school so it's easy for us. Every pupil has an iPad and we were used to using lots of the software before the pandemic. Most schools use Google classroom as access to computers/tablets or even wifi is patchy amongst pupils

Top Bottom