Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Easter Sunday leg of lamb on the Weber rotisserie.
Marinated in garlic, rosemary, lemon & black pepper. Roasties cooked in the dripping lamb fat.

jayonabike

Another beautiful day to be cooking outdoors.
Chicken shawarma cooked on the Kamodo with the rotisserie

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Last edited:

jayonabike

Harissa Chicken on the bbq with a tray of spuds underneath 🔥
Also did a topside of beef on Sunday but didn’t get any pics
4D6570F2-6BEB-4EC8-A40D-6F5D1B71B061.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
I decided today to put away all the log baskets and all the log burner stuff, and get the Weber from the shed, I gave it a deep clean before I put it away at the end of the season so a quick fire up burnt everything off the grills, I’ll do some burgers on it later.

44BF3FE7-A9B9-453A-ACC6-65BE79C1473D.jpeg

3058B01E-5D2D-41B1-9E10-17C9368137AB.jpeg

bruce1530

Guru
Salmon smoked in tea today, on the BBQ.

One side of salmon. Cover with a mix of 1 cup salt, 1 cup sugar, leave overnight in fridge. The mix will draw a lot of water out of the salmon.

Get rid of the salty sugary gunge, rinse the salmon and dry.

Then make the "smoker". Old baking tray with a couple of tablespoonfuls of lapsing souchong tea spread out on the bottom (or in my case, the contents of a dozen tea bags!).
On top of that a metal rack, then the salmon. Build a sealed "tent" over it with foil.

Slap it on a hot BBQ, to let the tea leaves char and smoke the salmon. Takes about 15 mins.

Make up some ginger butter - grate some fresh ginger, mash into some unsalted butter with a little sea salt.

Serve with crusty bread, buttered with the ginger butter.

keithmac

Guru
I'd choose a good 2nd hand Japanese made scooter over a brand new Chinese scooter any day of the week personally..

Top Bottom