Show-us yer Covid masks....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Ours arrived today. :-)

View attachment 521911
Hill wimp looks much better in a mask ^_^

Kryton521

Über Member
My problem with mask wearing is it's giving people the wrong impression. That they are now safe and therefore reach over or round you in the supermarket etc.
Someone at work wears one and constantly comes within the 2 metre area.
It's also true that whilst stopping the "forward" spray it's highly likely that since few people wear them properly or for too long, once they are wet the spray comes out of the sides.

Bottom line; "Stay the Frell away from me and vice versa!"

Would you care to point me to those studies (a link or a reference would be fine)........my wife, who has published widely on this, is looking for serious studies which show this and has been unable to find them.
Woah - I'm claiming NO expertise! Happy to be outranked by the expert :smile:

(have I posted something specific that you think is wrong/misleading? )

Rocky

Hello decadence
Woah - I'm claiming NO expertise! Happy to be outranked by the expert :smile:

(have I posted something specific that you think is wrong/misleading? )
Your post mentioned studies which showed that masks have a poor effect. I just wondered which studies these were.....my wife has been trying to find them. I didn't mean to challenge you - I was motivated by curiosity.

Smudge

Veteran
I've also been using a Buff on occasions, i have about 15 of them bought myself and given to me over the years. More comfortable to wear than a face mask.

Your post mentioned studies which showed that masks have a poor effect. I just wondered which studies these were.....my wife has been trying to find them. I didn't mean to challenge you - I was motivated by curiosity.
I think you posted a report a few days ago that was a meta-study; IIRC that found some studies showed minimal benefits. And that's why in the early days of this, hardly anyone was recommending face-masks for the public.

Otherwise we are talking at cross-porpoises ...

Rocky

Hello decadence
I think you posted a report a few days ago that was a meta-study; IIRC that found some studies showed minimal benefits. And that's why in the early days of this, hardly anyone was recommending face-masks for the public.

Otherwise we are talking at cross-porpoises ...

I think we are at cross-porpoises - the study I posted showed varying degrees of benefits but no harms (direct or indirect). Studies showing harms are often cited by critics but on examination, they don't stand up to scrutiny (either poorly designed, wrong setting, different virus etc etc) and I genuinely wondered if you knew of anything robust. If you do find something, I'd be grateful if you let me know :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

I think we are at cross-porpoises - the study I posted showed varying degrees of benefits but no harms (direct or indirect). Studies showing harms are often cited by critics but on examination, they don't stand up to scrutiny (either poorly designed, wrong setting, different virus etc etc) and I genuinely wondered if you knew of anything robust. If you do find something, I'd be grateful if you let me know :smile:
Do yourself a favour put him/her on ignore it makes life so much easier, everything will be okay once the schools open again & they are occupied for most of the day.

Top Bottom