Show us your 1x Set-ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just finished rebuilding the Ti....for general road riding on rolling terrain

Sram force crankset 42t chainring
Sram etap wifli rear mech
Sram 11/42 cassette
Wolftooth roadlink

Rolls in at 9kgs dead on

20180217_144631.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just finished rebuilding the Ti....for general road riding on rolling terrain

Sram force crankset 42t chainring
Sram etap wifli rear mech
Sram 11/42 cassette
Wolftooth roadlink

Rolls in at 9kgs dead on

View attachment 396248
I like the look of it, but what does the derailleur look like when the chain is on the biggest sprocket?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I like the look of it, but what does the derailleur look like when the chain is on the biggest sprocket?
Plenty of slack still when it's in the big mate.......also still got plenty enough b screw adjustment available too. That's the good thing about the roadlink. I run it last year in the alps with a 46/34 front so knew it would work without any issues

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Could the etap eagle be landing soon

Screenshot_20180223-081833.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not my bike (possibly will be) but these single ring set-ups seem to be gaining a lot of traction in the market. Been researching a number of bikes of this ilk - Cannondale Synapse SE Disc, Giant TCX Advanced SX and Whyte Wessex One

Had a short ride on one of these a week or so back - with 44T + 10-42 which gives a pretty wide range. Having a longer test ride on Friday if the weather permits.

First impressions, SRAM double-tap is really intuitive (have tried it before). One ring seems to be less of a faff than two. The big jumps (I guess 'big' is relative to what you are used to) in the cassette range occur in the steep-hill bail out gears and there is zero chain slap on rough roads due to the RD clutch mechanism. Will see how it works out with some hillier riding on Friday.

Wessex-One.jpg

ChrisEyles

Guru
I've always been curious about elliptical chain rings so when I needed to replace the chain rings on my full susser I decided to go 1x with an oval ring.

It's a 1x8 with 32t on the front and 11-34 on the back. It's spot on for trail centres but in all honesty I wouldn't mind one lower gear for long Exmoor/Dartmoor hills. I personally find if I need any lower than that I'm probably at the point where I might as well walk in any case!

20170327_111851.jpg

The oval chainring makes a perceptible difference to pedalling feel, and seems to improve/even out the torque and traction when climbing a bit. The main bonus of the 1x set-up on the bike is the narrow wide chainring has reduced the number of dropped chains to pretty much zero.

img_20171110_110845_zpsgg3xgn8o-jpg.jpg

This has been frame swapped to this:

PlanetX%20RT58v2_zpscivphpwa.jpg

Frame has clearance for 28mm tyres, rear wheel is just on for the turbo, front blue tyre is 28mm, just to see if it fits, brakes have been upgraded to 105 5800's, stem has been lengthened to 100mm, chainring is now a SRAM 42T X-Sync

Last edited:
Top Bottom