1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

show us your aluminium

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Rohloff_Brompton_Rider, 9 Jan 2011.

1. AndyRM

AndyRM Veteran

Very cool! What's the thinking behind the oval chain ring? I don't think I've seen that on a MTB before.

2. Ffoeg

Ffoeg Veteran

According to the bumpf ....It maximises the part of the stroke where power is produced (wider part of the oval) and minimize resistance where it isn't (narrower part of the oval). It makes the spin cycle a lot smoother and is easier on legs while climbing.

It certainly smooths out the way the powers gets put down especially on loose/steeper ground. For off-road I swap it for a 32t oval

3. AndyRM

AndyRM Veteran

Ta!

That's similar to the logic for having them on TT isn't it? Only there it's for speed not climbing.

4. 3narf

3narf For whom the bell dings

5. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

My Tierney project

WP_20161224_006.jpg

mcshroom, dan_bo and Gravity Aided like this.
  6. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

I know im very late with this....

I think you put this bike up for sale or have already sold it if i remember correctly. But its a smashing looking bike.I love how you have just colour co-ordinated the sh!t out of the bike from the rims and wheels all the way to the bar-tape.

Spectacular looking bike. I must applaud you for your effort!

SteCenturion likes this.
  7. Wow! Your garden is really coming along. Mr Toad is still frozen in the soil, in mine.(My frost line can extend to 40 inches, btw). Nice looking aluminum bicycle, I admire the adjustable stem .

8. biggs682

That was taken before Christmas , i wont be using that stem or bar set up once i get on with it

Gravity Aided likes this.
  9. SteCenturion

SteCenturion I am your Father

Why thank you very much Monsieur le Roubaix Cube

Not sold the bike or ever thought of doing so TBH.

It is a bit "in your face" styling wise for most, but I do like to charge things up.a bit.

Just bought a rolling frame from a good fellow of CC Manor which I intend to build up for Our Kid using the groupset from the Cube.

The Cube will go into hibernation until I decide what to do with it next. It will remain in the small fleet & be treated to a new groupset, Ultegra 11 speed maybe, but I am sure the wheels won't take 11 sprockets.

10. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

Ahh. It might of been a similar looking Cube I might have seen in the FS section a while back.

Its very loud and proud :smile: Definite eye catcher

11. biggs682

12. Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky Senior Member

20170104_131321_HDR.jpg
    My new Ridgeback tour.

grecinos, steve50, ianrauk and 2 others like this.
  13. GGJ

GGJ Über Member

Never had an aluminium road bike but I have a couple of aluminium track bikes

Giant Omnium1.jpg

Ridley_Ovalc.jpg

14. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

IMG_0046.JPG

My Specialized Epic.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2017
  15. Spiderweb

Spiderweb Über Member

IMG_0453.JPG My Trek 6500 MTB with rigid carbon forks and 700c Ambrosio Excellight wheels.