show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now I do like the colour scheme Breedon.
They are popular bikes, I see a few of them on my London commute.
One chap I see regular can really shift on his.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
6305822734_800655cd03_z.jpg

gds58

Über Member
Here's my Cannondale CAAD5 R500

It's a very lively bike to ride and is super stiff so it climbs quite well. I bought the frame secondhand although it was like new and all the other components were purchased separately and then built up by me. It's basically Shimano 105 other than the chainset which is an FSA (I really don't like the look of the newer Shimano chainsets).

After Christmas this will be relegated to being my winter bike and I'll be fitting some 'Crud Racer II's' to it as I'll be getting a new frame. I'm not sure whether to defect over to full carbon or stick with Aluminium though.

Graham

Attachments

• Cannondale Best bike_edited-3.jpg
    Cannondale Best bike_edited-3.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 117

sackville d

Veteran
Heres my Gios A70, Time forks,Ultegra 10 speed gearing D Ace 7700 cranks. Campag Record headset, Chorus seatpin ,Rolls sofa. WCS stem Hope Pro3 on Open Sport.Twitchy but rather fast:ohmy:
004.JPG

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
What's a job bike?

subaqua

What’s the point
Picked this up yesterday, following the advice of smokeysmoo. Only done about 30 mile on it so far but I am absolutely loving it :-)

SAM_6958.jpg

SAM_6952.jpg

SAM_6964.jpg
that turbo traioner looks a bit flimsy ;)

Attachments

• SAM_6958.jpg
    SAM_6958.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 57
  • SAM_6952.jpg
    SAM_6952.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 40
  • SAM_6964.jpg
    SAM_6964.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 40
Finished building this today, new frame, forks and headset, then transplanted everything off my Peugeot. Only problems were seatpost (27.2mm as opposed to 24mm on the Pug), front mech - needed a braze on instead of clamp type, and swopped the silver Shimano long reach calipers of the Peugeot for matching black Veloce ones.
Full Veloce black groupset, except front mech which is now Chorus, overkill for a commuter I know, but my LBS let me have a it brand new and boxed for £22, kerching!
Tyres are a temporary loan off the CAAD as not enough clearance for the 25's I had on the Pug, saving up now for some Gatorskins.
Not fitted all the lights yet as my brackets are too small due to the narrow seatpost of the Peugeot, grrr!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Finished building this today, new frame, forks and headset, then transplanted everything off my Peugeot. Only problems were seatpost (27.2mm as opposed to 24mm on the Pug), front mech - needed a braze on instead of clamp type, and swopped the silver Shimano long reach calipers of the Peugeot for matching black Veloce ones.
Full Veloce black groupset, except front mech which is now Chorus, overkill for a commuter I know, but my LBS let me have a it brand new and boxed for £22, kerching!
Tyres are a temporary loan off the CAAD as not enough clearance for the 25's I had on the Pug, saving up now for some Gatorskins.
Not fitted all the lights yet as my brackets are too small due to the narrow seatpost of the Peugeot, grrr!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
oh my god. how tall are you? That frame looks massive and then you have loads of seat tube showing!

Top Bottom