Show us your Axe - a Guitar & Bass slingers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
By the way, if anyone wants to post up pics of their interesting amps, feel free.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
No3 is my..
Duesenberg DTV Star Player Outlaw

An interesting German guitar with Art Deco features & a mock croc vinyl front with lightly figured maple back.

As used on Tour by Keith Richards & Billy Gibbons to name but two.
20150519_095918.jpg
20150519_095804.jpg

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Here is my most cherished guitar & rare as hens teeth..

20150519_102303.jpg
20150519_102748.jpg
20150519_102908.jpg
Custom Shop -
Gibson Les Paul Custom 68
with flamed maple top &
Justin Hawkins designed Flame Tattoo inlay on the fretboard, made from abalone shell.

It's the actual review guitar from an issue of Guitarist or Guitar & Bass & was bought from Peter Cooks Guitar World in that there London Village before it went bust.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
No5 & the last one for today...

2008/9 Paul Reed Smith SC 245 -
57/08 Limited Edition, this is No 198/250.

It has what is known in PRS world as a
10 Top, Quilted maple top, one below the ultra expensive Private Stock maple tops.

The pickups are PRS 57/08 models which were manufactured using the machinery & wiring from Gibsons old factory, the same as used to make the original 1957 - 60 Les Pauls.

Probably the best build quality of any guitar I have & sonically an equal to the Les Paul, just different.

Hand signed by Mr Paul Reed Smith.
20150519_123818.jpg
20150519_123818.jpg
20150519_123939.jpg
20150519_124211.jpg

sight-pin

Veteran
You have some nice guitars here folks.
I used to play in the 60's and sold my last guitar about 1970, which was a Hofner president blonde for £20, :banghead:
Anyway i've just bought an Fender acoustic for now, can't remember half the chords let alone many tunes and pics, but it's slowly coming back along with a repeat of the finger calluses lol

Gorgeous Atkin.

I am lead to believe they are very handsomely made & have a great tone ???

They are beautifully made in a workshop near Canterbury, and sound fabulous. Alister Atkin is a thoroughly nice bloke too.
Actually, now I come to think about it, I guess nearly all luthiers are really decent folks :smile:

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
They are beautifully made in a workshop near Canterbury, and sound fabulous. Alister Atkin is a thoroughly nice bloke too.
Actually, now I come to think about it, I guess nearly all luthiers are really decent folks :smile:
True.

I met & spoke to Patrick James Eggle at a guitar fair, a really cool laid back & very knowledgeable fella & nice with it.

Would love to own one of his creations but moneys too tight to mention.

Top Bottom