Show us your Axe - a Guitar & Bass slingers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Mine is not the type of guitar I thought I would own as I guess you get a guitar that your favourite guitarist uses, I don't really care for the necks on Gibson SG's, so I got this Maverick Species 1, it's neck is really slim in comparison. It's a pretty rare guitar as UK company Maverick went bust, but it's way better than similar priced Ibanez RG's I have tried.

P1012676copy.jpg

P1012686copy.jpg
Stunning!

Attachments

• P1012676copy.jpg
    P1012676copy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P1012686copy.jpg
    P1012686copy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 36
A lovely, passionate exhibition of instruments. Where's @BigonaBianchi when everyone is drawing their six-stringers for a shoot out at the CC Corral? (Ok and 12...or 4, or 5. I know...:rolleyes:)

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
View attachment 89302 View attachment 89303 View attachment 89304

Here is a very old vid of me playing the guitar top left

I spy with my jealous eye, something beginning with V & is it flying ?

Is that a Yngwie Malmsteen or Jeff Beck Strat too BOAB ? The one with the scalloped neck/fretboard.

Never seen one other than in photos.

Edit.

You can play a bit too BOAB.

When you cut your hair (or lose it) your skills disappear FACT.

Well it happened to me anyway.

Last edited:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I spy with my jealous eye, something beginning with V & is it flying ?

Is that a Yngwie Malmsteen or Jeff Beck Strat too BOAB ? The one with the scalloped neck/fretboard.

Never seen one other than in photos.

IMAG0872 (2).jpg IMAG0082.jpg helena 010.jpg

No it's not Gibson flying V, it's an 80's Washburn RR10V. The strats are self Modded . My Fav is actually the Mex Classic 70's (middle). The necks have been scalloped out, had Jim Dunlop 6100 fret wire added, brass nuts added, middle pick up removed, both tone knobs removed, custom scratchplate fitted to accommodate just two pick ups. The white one on the left has Kinman avn 50 and avn 60 stacked humbuckers fitted, The cream one has DiMarzio Hs3's fitted. Bith have a medium action set up with .10's-.46 guage strings. My Main guitar of choice is usually the white strat (middle pic).

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've got a mega twang Gretsch Rancher Jumbo. And the little Yamaha is a much guitar fun as you can get for £50!

image.jpg

Also got a Norman acoustic and an old 60/70s Rapier 44 'lectric which I bought exactly 35 years ago with summer holiday wages.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Aye Ste, I keep looking at used F1's, F3's and F4's when they crop on ebay. I love the look of the F1, but I don't know if I have the patience to setup a locking trem, I really like the look of the roller style pots on them too, but again if they failed I wouldn't know where to get parts. I guess that they are probably not everyone's cup of tea, I want a blue one. (I think this is an F3, F1 is a dual humbucker, very similar looking though).

$_86.JPG
Years ago I taught a lad who had one of those. It was boat anchor heavy and the pots were just weird! You had no idea how far up or down you had turned them. I'm sure you'd get used to them, but it just seemed like a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 49

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
My family.
2013-01-16122344_zpsc3d0661b.jpg

Left to right: 80's japanese squire modded with a rather fetching red sparkle paint job and 3 humbuckers (59, kent armstrong, JB). Mid 90's custom shop 54 strat. 52ri tele. Early 2000's Les Paul standard. Peerless Monarch Yamaha f700 steel string acoustic. Paco Castillo 204 nylon string. In front Ibanez s420, Ibanez RG2570.
Not in the pic is my newest. A 65ri sunburst strat - it's an amazing sounding guitar.
DSCF3183_zps79bb1fb6.jpg

These have been acquired over 20 odd years. Most were bought for a particular playing situation/band/gigs. They all get played at gig's and were all chosen after playing and comparing against other similar instruments. For example I went out for an SG, couldn't find a good one, tried what seemed like every Les Paul in Manchester before settling on this one, it was nicer than some big buck historic reissues too!
I'm a musician not a collector.

Attachments

• DSCF3183_zps79bb1fb6.jpg
    DSCF3183_zps79bb1fb6.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 2013-01-16122344_zpsc3d0661b.jpg
    2013-01-16122344_zpsc3d0661b.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom