Show us your Axe - a Guitar & Bass slingers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
a0fdf8ade8d8dbe06516155414c40f01.png

Not mine (I don't own a digital camera) but the same guitar
2000 Corona (Californian) Telecaster..........................Alder body, 1 piece Maple neck.......................and RED (that Fender red)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've only got a cheapy

guitar.jpg

green1

Über Member
Bass #1
traben-neo-limited-4-string-spaltedburst.jpg

Bass #2

Action-TR_hz.png

Guitar (strictly speaking not mine, but my strat was kidnapped and this was left in it's place)
Squier-Double-Fat-Tele-D-lg.jpg

Hardly use the Tele, and the Cort was only bought so I didn't have to leave the Traben in the car all day.

Attachments

• Squier-Double-Fat-Tele-D-lg.jpg
    Squier-Double-Fat-Tele-D-lg.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 32
Not got a guitar at the moment, but I really -really- want a Gretsch G6120

This would be perfect, the Vintage Orange Lacquer', on the left, under the picture of the pick-up

http://gretschguitars.com/features/briansetzer2015

This was my last guitar, a Hofner President (that's what the label in the body called it, but I've never seen one the same)

Miscellaneous Images. Music. Hofner President 1.jpg Miscellaneous Images. Music. Hofner President 2.jpg Miscellaneous Images. Music. Hofner President 21.jpg

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Not got a guitar at the moment, but I really -really- want a Gretsch G6120

This would be perfect, the Vintage Orange Lacquer', on the left, under the picture of the pick-up

http://gretschguitars.com/features/briansetzer2015

This was my last guitar, a Hofner President (that's what the label in the body called it, but I've never seen one the same)

View attachment 89261 View attachment 89262 View attachment 89263
Looks like the scratch plate has been removed or is it clear ?
The Bigsby may have been added at a later date there, not sure.
Probably easy enough to source a President & Hofner have been back in business for a few years now.

Gretsch are nice aren't they. Obviously they do the S.E Asia made Gretsch line (China/Korea) as well as the expensive USA Custom Shop models.

I love the White Falcon (double cutaway) & the Jet but can never remember the numbers.

Looks like the scratch plate has been removed or is it clear ?
The Bigsby may have been added at a later date there, not sure.
Probably easy enough to source a President & Hofner have been back in business for a few years now.

Gretsch are nice aren't they. Obviously they do the S.E Asia made Gretsch line (China/Korea) as well as the expensive USA Custom Shop models.

I love the White Falcon (double cutaway) & the Jet but can never remember the numbers.

There's a shop opened up recently in Wakefield, & it has a couple of the G5120's in stock (the thin bodied), at about £600

Re; White Falcon - that always reminds me of Billy Duffy, of The Cult' & that great opening to

I had a look at a G610 in Leeds not too long ago,

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Mine is not the type of guitar I thought I would own as I guess you get a guitar that your favourite guitarist uses, I don't really care for the necks on Gibson SG's, so I got this Maverick Species 1, it's neck is really slim in comparison. It's a pretty rare guitar as UK company Maverick went bust, but it's way better than similar priced Ibanez RG's I have tried.

P1012676copy.jpg

P1012686copy.jpg

Attachments

• P1012676copy.jpg
    P1012676copy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • P1012686copy.jpg
    P1012686copy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Mine is not the type of guitar I thought I would own as I guess you get a guitar that your favourite guitarist uses, I don't really care for the necks on Gibson SG's, so I got this Maverick Species 1, it's neck is really slim in comparison. It's a pretty rare guitar as UK company Maverick went bust, but it's way better than similar priced Ibanez RG's I have tried.

P1012676copy.jpg

P1012686copy.jpg
I was quite surprised when they went belly up Cletus.

Used to see quite a few Maverick guitars at guitar fairs/trade shows & they seemed to have very good stuff at good prices like you say.

Attachments

• P1012686copy.jpg
    P1012686copy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P1012676copy.jpg
    P1012676copy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 37

raleighnut

Legendary Member

P1012676copy.jpg

P1012686copy.jpg
Looks like a Strat/SG hybrid. having elements from both.

Attachments

• P1012676copy.jpg
    P1012676copy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1012686copy.jpg
    P1012686copy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 35

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I was quite surprised when they went belly up Cletus.

Used to see quite a few Maverick guitars at guitar fairs/trade shows & they seemed to have very good stuff at good prices like you say.

Aye Ste, I keep looking at used F1's, F3's and F4's when they crop on ebay. I love the look of the F1, but I don't know if I have the patience to setup a locking trem, I really like the look of the roller style pots on them too, but again if they failed I wouldn't know where to get parts. I guess that they are probably not everyone's cup of tea, I want a blue one. (I think this is an F3, F1 is a dual humbucker, very similar looking though).

$_86.JPG

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom