Show us your Axe - a Guitar & Bass slingers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

is that left hand?
Yep, a south paw

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So i did a bit of digging on ebay for parts for my pacifica - Im looking at paying at least around £300 altogether to get it overhauled

Not 'my' guitar but the same one pictured here

150706135143.jpg

Looking to get black locking tuners, black crushed pearl scratch plate and lose the HSS set up for a more beefy HH setup. pickups will be from the seymour Duncan range - Floyd Rose Tremolo.

Personally I think this tremolo would look beautiful

$_57.JPG

adds a little flare and works nicely with the black pearl scratchplate.

sight-pin

Veteran
We bought our son a Yamaha pacifica in natural wood about 21-22 years ago, we bought it from a Romford music shop, not sure about any more info about it though.....plays great.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Would a 4 string fretless be acceptable here?
Absolutely Phil ....

Bring it on :thumbsup:

Old jon

Guru
Three or four years ago I heard Rob Mackillop
http://robmackillop.net/
playing a James Oswald piece on an English Guittar. I was massively impressed, but could not really spend the money then. Now I have spent it, look what I got.

English Guittar.jpg

A bit of the history might be appropriate, but is not compulsory reading of course.
The name is often spelt with a double 't' to distinguish it from the baroque / renaissance guitar which was the forerunner of the Spanish or classical guitar we know today. The English guitar was only made, in quantity, from about 1750 to 1850, when other instruments became more popular. Anyway, a couple of years ago I spoke to some people in London about making me one of these. They delayed and delayed, and at the beginning of this month I ran out of patience, got a refund and ordered this instrument from Paul Doyle in Galway City. It is a gorgeous little instrument, beautifully made and sounds wonderful, allowing for the fact that my fingers do not know where the frets are yet. Loads of fun to come playing this one.

Old jon

Guru
I posted on here a while back with a pic of my new English Guittar made by Paul Doyle. The strings are odd, they need a loop on each end 'cos they hook around pins at the tail and the tuner end is a small hook also. I bought some more sets of strings, single loop end, from Newtone Strings and a month or so ago decided to have a try at producing the second loop.

Top Bottom