Show us your Axe - a Guitar & Bass slingers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Might sound odd but inrecognise these photos...not the guitars but the floor. I've seen guitars advertised, shown on a stone floor and wondered how they didn't scratch...are you a dealer by chance?
No jonny, not a dealer, just love quality guitars, not all are expensive. In fact, through change of circumstances I sold one at a loss last year to make ends meet.

The floor is lino, :laugh: so no scratches.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
No jonny, not a dealer, just love quality guitars, not all are expensive. In fact, through change of circumstances I sold one at a loss last year to make ends meet.

The floor is lino, :laugh: so no scratches.
A couple of years ago (actually more like 6) I bought a fender VG Strat, one of the
originals. It was a really clever guitar that I never truly got the benefit of. I used to keep it locked up in a flight case under the stairs for fear of it being knocked or scratched. When I needed a couple of grand a few years ago I decided to sell it too. I also sold my pod 3 and a few pedals that I had all neatly prepped in a foam cut flight case.

Somebody got a real bargain as they were all in mint condition...still smelled new when you opened the cases.

It's annoys me that now, only a few years later I would happily pay the same money to get it back

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
All my basses are in their flight cases in the loft at home apart from the fretless, which is gathering dust in the cupboard under the stairs.

Ought to give serious consideration to selling them and the rest of my gear. Can't see me ever gigging again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The company office wall of Amps is growing

upload_2015-10-28_9-51-18.png

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Never say never Greg
I didn't ;)

It's been five years since I last played in a band in public, and since then I've only done one, not entirely successful, solo-bass performance as parts of an arts festival locally. Apart from buying an EUB in that time and spending a couple of hours faffing about with it I'm lost to the deep.

Old jon

Guru
Only just found this thread . . .

A bit like my cycling, I played and then gave up, about eighteen or nineteen. Started again in my fifties, say ten or twelve years ago. The collection is growing, here is part of it.

010.jpg

Above is the baritone cittern Ian Chisholm made for me,

017.jpg

followed by a Johnson, which I do not really like

024.jpg

Paul Hathway made this, one of his standard instruments. Rather gorgeous I think

027.jpg

A standard Fylde cittern

barrbs.jpg

A redwood five string. I must have straightened up as the shutter was pressed.

DSC_5370.jpg

My 'I wanna play like Django ' guitar

DSC_5372.jpg

Loads of fun oud, fun as in take three letters out of 'frustration'. I do like to play it but tuning it can take longer than you would believe . . .

DSC_5401.jpg

And the Fylde again.

sight-pin

Veteran

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
No5 & the last one for today...

2008/9 Paul Reed Smith SC 245 -
57/08 Limited Edition, this is No 198/250.

It has what is known in PRS world as a
10 Top, Quilted maple top, one below the ultra expensive Private Stock maple tops.

The pickups are PRS 57/08 models which were manufactured using the machinery & wiring from Gibsons old factory, the same as used to make the original 1957 - 60 Les Pauls.

Probably the best build quality of any guitar I have & sonically an equal to the Les Paul, just different.

Hand signed by Mr Paul Reed Smith. View attachment 89233 View attachment 89233 View attachment 89234 View attachment 89235

PRS guitars are so lush! I have a first generation Santana SE (non-pickguard) and it is hands down one of the best guitars ive ever played in that price range. I used it for most of my studio recordings & when i played a few gigs with a local band here and there.

Obviously an SE model is nowhere near as prestigious as a 'full fat' PRS with all the bells and whistles but a pickup change can make all the difference.

Not sure if i uploaded pics on CC before but i have a Schecter Damien Ex baritone with B&N Nailbomb pickup set made by BareKnuckle Pickups which are a lot better then the pickups that were on it before...

I have an oldskool Yamaha Pacifica 312 which i played throughout my school days and absolutely adore. Really easy to get a nice 80s hair metal tone with almost minimal effort. I think the 312 was the medium range model not to be confused with the 112 which are sold in starter guitar kits from the likes as Argos and other music retailers.

Sadly it needs a bit of TLC though as wear and tear has taken a toll on the electronics. If i ever start playing guitar seriously again I wouldn't hesitate dropping it off to a guitar tech to be completely overhauled - Locking tuners, floyd rose bridge and switching the old pickups for some seymour Duncan ones.

Will see if i can get pics up soon.

OP
OP
SteCenturion

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Those PRS SE guitars are still very highly regarded @RoubaixCube & I have always wanted to hear some of those BareKnuckle pickups though in more of a '59' Les Paul flavour.

So glad this thread has been resurrected otherwise I would have missed @Old jon beautiful collection of instruments.

My Sgt had a Pacifica 112 & I always thought it was a lovely guitar, his was in a natural wood finish which I really liked & it sounded good enough to me.

Another of my Sgt's had a lovely *expensive* Guild acoustic & because we played I used to duck out of a few crappy tasks, not sure the other lads appreciated it though.

Sgt 2 used to be in a signed band called Sweet or The Sweet & joined up after his music career nose dived.

Top Bottom