Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ror3h

Have posted pic elsewhere but thought I'd put it here too. View attachment 53532

Is that rear brake cable going over the stem? Looks like it's at a really awkward angle, I'd sort that out ASAP as it will be adversely affecting your braking as is. I'd also level the saddle if I were you... Lovely bike otherwise though, like the paint job.

Svendo

Guru
After my recent escapades, documented here, I have today been to collect a lovely new frame. Waiting for a Dura Ace 9000 to build it up with. Going to try the KCNC bb30-hollowtech bottom bracket (its a hollowtech ii type BB that fit BB30 rather than BSA.) Hopefully that'll reduce the likelihood of creaks, as it's one unit instead of an adapter and BSA BB, so one fewer interface to allow flex.
IMG_0597 shrunk.jpg

Svendo

Guru
In addition, to the above, I've weighed it as is and it's 1.2 kg, so when the steerer is cut to minimum length it'll probably be around 1-1.1kg. This fits with the claimed 695g frame, 315g fork plus headset and sundry frame 'furniture'. This will be a ~400g saving over the Storck Fenomalist I previously rode, and with similar stiffness and performance. Possibly with more comfort and definitely without the rear facing dropouts that I found a PITA on occasion.
And just to gloat a bit, as it's last years colour scheme (2015 frame is the same) it was a third off at £1899 from the lovely people at Cycle Division, and some places have them cheaper, but not in 54 or 56cm unfortunately.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Very nice. I have my eye on an Orro Gold.

The Gold is a really nice bike, both in looks and spec, more expensive carbon frame, & full Ultegra Groupset, my budget wouldn't quite run to the extra cost though :-(

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Gold is a really nice bike, both in looks and spec, more expensive carbon frame, & full Ultegra Groupset, my budget wouldn't quite run to the extra cost though :-(

Your bike looks very nice nevertheless. Nice and different to the usual suspects, Spesh, Trek, etc. How did you find the ride?

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Your bike looks very nice nevertheless. Nice and different to the usual suspects, Spesh, Trek, etc. How did you find the ride?

Really comfortable ride compared to my Kinesis (due to sportive geometry, h/bars are about 50mm higher on the Orro whilst toptube length is the same) handling is quick and responsive. Did a 60 miler today averaged at 16mph where i would normally do that sort of distance at 14-15mph average and considering it's a brand new saddle i'm pleasantly surprised that i'm not saddle sore.
The Gold should be even more comfortable as the head tube is about 40mm longer than the Oxygen

Top Bottom