Show us your Cargo bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev recently had her bike serviced by a local mechanic who arrived on a bike. He did an excellent job. He didn’t have a cargo bike as such, but used front and rear panniers, and had a bike stand strapped to the frame😎

20221105_141155.jpg

I realised our Bakfiets, despite being a daily workhorse, doesn't get photographed very often so here it is after rushing Beautiful Daughter to an appointment because we were late.

Again.

Thirteen years old and still going strong; I generously estimate it's cost about 250€ in maintenance in that time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Yep - I bought it a couple of years ago for a bit of a laugh really & I liked the historical aspect being a former Royal Mail bike. I have to say I absolutely love it now! In the event of a nuclear holocaust, I’m sure the only thing that survives will be cockroaches riding Elephant bikes!

Surely the most well used cargo bike model in the UK. Love it!

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Cargo solution upgrade, new trailer arm so I can tow the Leighton BuzzCycles gazebo. I could probably tow it with any of my bikes but towing with the Bullitt seems the obvious solution, I'm not sure what would happen if I pulled it with a normal bike...accidental wheelies? 😂

I could have got the 0.5m extension arm, but for £10 more I got the 0.9m one. I could probably tow a sofa now! I think buying this arm has further reduced my incentive to remove the box from the Bullitt any time soon. Well, other than to rescue a pen that fell between the frame and box on Saturday!

ZaWbb7LmizZdgV5k3fLofHFNRh=w910-h683-no?authuser=1.jpg

I could have got the 0.5m extension arm, but for £10 more I got the 0.9m one. I could probably tow a sofa now! I think buying this arm has further reduced my incentive to remove the box from the Bullitt any time soon. Well, other than to rescue a pen that fell between the frame and box on Saturday!
Been meaning to order a longer arm for one of my Ys; that, and a Weber HD hitch. Out of interest, how flexy is it when loaded?

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Been meaning to order a longer arm for one of my Ys; that, and a Weber HD hitch. Out of interest, how flexy is it when loaded?

Well I did notice when grinding up the hills that it felt like my pedal strokes were reverberating down to the back of the trailer, then back up to me again on the bike. A bit like a concertina effect. Is that what you mean?

What's the benefit of that hitch? Easier to use? I don't actually use my trailer very often really, I just like having that option. Kind of like owning a flatbed truck really, except the opposite in terms of environmental impact and risk to others 😁

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
A bit of a ‘light-weight’ compared to some of yours, but here’s mine.

View attachment 673718

Like mine but mine is Olive Green, amazing bikes. It took me from about 25 stone down to a normal human weight without a problem. Some came with the plastic translucent chain guard, some didn't, its one thing i keep needing to get for mine. I must admit, i also don't have a severed dogs head in the front tub.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Cargo solution upgrade, new trailer arm so I can tow the Leighton BuzzCycles gazebo. I could probably tow it with any of my bikes but towing with the Bullitt seems the obvious solution, I'm not sure what would happen if I pulled it with a normal bike...accidental wheelies? 😂

View attachment 680552

That's large enough to start your own funerals business 🤔

Well I did notice when grinding up the hills that it felt like my pedal strokes were reverberating down to the back of the trailer, then back up to me again on the bike. A bit like a concertina effect. Is that what you mean?
Yep, sort of. Interested to see how much it deflects under braking with a heavy load too.
What's the benefit of that hitch? Easier to use?
Pretty much. Faster and less prone to locking up when the bike and trailer aren't dead flat.

I use my main Y loads, less so the other one but that's waiting for a future project to turn it into something more interesting.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Yep, sort of. Interested to see how much it deflects under braking with a heavy load too.

Pretty much. Faster and less prone to locking up when the bike and trailer aren't dead flat.

I use my main Y loads, less so the other one but that's waiting for a future project to turn it into something more interesting.

Thanks for the info. They're great trailers 🙂Now I've got this long arm it's pretty unlikely I'll be removing the Convoy box on the Bullitt very often. I'll just use the trailer instead.

Top Bottom