Show us your commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
Whyte Portobello 1x10, 650b tyres, hydraulic brakes & mudguards. The only thing I don't like about the bike are the thru axles

avecReynolds531

Veteran

20+ year old steel Koga Miyata running 3 x 8 gearing, dynamo lights, and Marathon Plus 35mm tyres. It had been neglected and needed work and components - mostly taken from the previous bike - to get back on the road. Heavy, simple & slow but versatile.

Sixmile

Veteran
Ah, no it’s a Garmin VIRB.
Sorry yes, should've specified camera. How do you find the Garmin? What is the run time? Does it loop? What's it like in the dark/wet etc?

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Felt Z100 with race blades permanently fitted now. FSA crankset as the stock unbranded one was gash after 500 miles of riding. Has a threadless bottom bracket due to me knackering the frame removing the old one when it fell apart and has thousands of miles on it despite my cynicism at the time amd that I'd knackered it completely. Now has non matching tyres, sora brakes, spd pedals and is still my favourite bike to ride and is the only bike thats ever felt 100% comfortable riding.

raymondo60

A life behind bars

My alternative commuter for when I have to carry stuff, which is rare these days tbh, but having a load-carrier in the fleet is always handy and I use it for shopping trips where possible. A 2010 All-City Space Horse, which I think is the best name ever for a utility bike. Running 40c Schwalbe Citizen tyres, this thing will cope with any surface or conditions, and I often extend my commute along the Thames towpath. Lovely springy steel frame.

Last edited:

buzz22

I love riding this bike to work, it's like a big BMX on the bike paths I use.
It's a 1997 Raleigh 2500RS, a fairly low end steel framed rigid I bought last year.
I fitted new rims with Maxxis Overdrive 26 x 2.0 tyres which were a bit slow so they were replaced with Continental Sport Contacts in 26 x 1.6.
A slimmer seat finished it off.

Top Bottom