Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ModManZZZ

Regular
IMG_20160229_105615.jpg
image share
My 20" wheel BMX commuting and cruising bike, though it's not ideal for a commuting bike but I did it. Long metal tube as a long seatpost and a banana saddle to make it comfortable. I have been riding it up to 40 kilometers.
Single speed = less maintenance \m/

Hicky

Guru
The Surly now is flat bar along with M+ for the canal commute, its just missing the barley on the saddle....I might buy some shiny non spd pedals.
IMG_4468[1].JPG

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello

Hamcob

Here's my "winter" commuter bike, its a Triumph Team leader 10 speed.
The first photo was taken just after i brought it off ebay, i had fitted new tyres, bar tape and cables, the second photo shows it with a set of 700c Mavic CXP22's on and Continental 25 mm tyres an now its also got an eight speed cassette on but i can only get seven as the chain just rubs the frame.
I'm soon going to strip it and get it powder coated as its getting a little bit tatty.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 2015-10-06 17.15.29 (1).jpg
    2015-10-06 17.15.29 (1).jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20151231_084612.jpg
    20151231_084612.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 100

Hamcob

Thanks, i cant get the decals so may just do it red or white?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can someone tell me please why some commuters and tourers have these bar end shifters? My tourer does and I always think I would prefer the integrated brake/gear levers.
Saves me changing the front mech and disc calipers to road version to match cable pull for STI`s on my MTB donor bike in my case.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Because they're pretty much maintenance- and trouble-free. :okay:
Theres that too, simple click indexed gearig rather than a cuckoo clock collection of bits , i ride my road bike as my main commuter and i cant get on with a flat bar due to neck /nerve issue means how i hold the flatbar can aggravate it i have found but im ok with drop bars.

AndyRM

XOXO
IMG_20160229_105615.jpg
image share
My 20" wheel BMX commuting and cruising bike, though it's not ideal for a commuting bike but I did it. Long metal tube as a long seatpost and a banana saddle to make it comfortable. I have been riding it up to 40 kilometers.
Single speed = less maintenance \m/

Love it! At first I thought your fork was help together with duct tape before realising it's an umbrella.

Kippaxaus

as of later in week this will be my next commuter an all original Orbit complete with 531c tube set made by former MD at Orbit Cycles , for his father . He only ever rode it once to the shops and then abandoned it in his garage. The period Huret mileometer reads 3.4 miles!

It's unique because back then the Thompson name was only used for race bikes and Orbit on the tourers but I thought my dad would appreciate a bike with the family name. It's not a custom frame, I just used one off the production line, but it was assembled to a custom spec. It's 531 C throughout and the seat tube is 23" centre to top.

apart from tyres and tubes perished might swap saddle for a b17 and replace bars for come drops

View attachment 8473
Wow, yes my frame looks exactly the same, thank you.

Top Bottom