Show us your dogs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
A Cocker Spaniel and a Schnauzer/Jack Russell cross. Walk about 20-30km/week. Used to be further but recently diagnosed with PMR and I really struggle if I walk too far.

46643505764_f79f3aa20e_c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru

vickster

Legendary Member
It may be a Mainecoon cat in the end.

They’re about the size of a dog, and need lots of grooming.
Check vet and insurance costs too for a posh monster cat!

Also, check that both parents have been tested for HCM, as it's something Maine Coons are prone to.

It's Caveat Emptor with Maine Coons at the moment, as there is a rash of unscrupulous breeders churning out poor quality cats with heart problems, capitalizing on celebrity ownership and online influencers. It's causing a fair bit of consternation among the Maine Coon people that I know.

Your best bet to find a reputable breeder local to you is to go via the Maine Coon Cat Club. They will point you in the right direction, and will also likely have a kitten list.

presta

Guru
I was born into a house with dog, and it stayed that way until I was nearly 10, when my mother left and took the dog with her, then we never had a dog after that because there was nobody at home for it during the day. I missed it at first, but I first got used to no dog, then to having my independence, so I've never had one since.

I was born into a house with dog, and it stayed that way until I was nearly 10, when my mother left and took the dog with her, then we never had a dog after that because there was nobody at home for it during the day. I missed it at first, but I first got used to no dog, then to having my independence, so I've never had one since.

Fair enough, although got to say, nearly always had a dog as a child, and one or two at any one time as an adult, so that's coming up 59 years, and never felt I've lacked any "independence" as a price to be paid for the amazing amount a dog(s) give you back.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

I can heartily recommend Mainecoons for companionship, character, playfulness and sheer prescence. However none of our lived anything like as long as a moggie. This could have been random bad luck of course.

The couple we got them off had gone to a lot of trouble to mix up the genetics and so on, to the extent of bringing in animals from the States to widen the gene pool and so on, and whilst it was a commercial out fit, they clearly doted on their cats.

Top Bottom