Show us your favorite guitar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Here is my Classic 70's Mexican strat.

I bought it because it was cheaper than a USA made strat, then I modified it to my specification. I sanded the neck, then scalloped out the wood between each fret, like a lute. Then I re fretted it with Jim Dunlop 6100 fret wire (thick), added a brass nut instead of a plastic one, re finished the neck in nitro cellulose instead of poly laquer, took out the middle pick up, took out the tone controls, added a custom made scratchplate, added a Kinman avn 56 pick up in the neck position and a kinman avn 60 pick up in the bridge position.

It sounds and plays better than all my other guitars including USA built strats.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
nice looking axe. I've heard a few people raving about Mex strats over the US ones.

out of the five, i have two favourites...

this is Bentley, an Admira Sevilla... currently lacking an A string

bentley.jpg

nice sounding solid cedar topped nylon strung classical
modified it to my own spec by stringing it left hand.

and this has no name, an old Ibanez (610)...

nicks.jpg

modified by putting a set of electric strings on it, stringing it left hand and tuning to open D.

needs additional modification of re-routing the saddle slot for a lefty as the intonation is... interesting.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
I'll play...

IMG_0330.jpg

I've had this old Yamaha for maybe 20 years now. It's nothing special, but no guitar is going to sound great in my inept fists. My wife suspects I only play it to torture her!
But it's my only guitar and so is, by default, my favourite!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
thought this was a cycling forum - post your guitar pics else were - it will be pets next or snakes etc

I used to have a nice Hofner semi-acoustic, in Birds Eye Maple, with a Bigsby tremeloe

Now, & even back then, I drool & lust over Gretsch 6120s, particularly the signature range of this man

http://www.gretschguitars.com/artists/BrianSetzer

jags

Guru
great thread i have a yamaha LL16 beauti full guitar but gathering dust these days i'm afraid.
sorry no idea how to post pic's.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
here is another fav of mine....its an Ibanez rg570 circa mid 80's ...the forerunner of steve vai's jemm range....I changed the pickups from the ibz's to dimarzios and added a purple pickguard for fun...its a very reliable guitar...never goes out of tune...a real workhorse shredder^_^

user4891pic314123618544.jpg

Top Bottom