Show us your favorite guitar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
here is another fav of mine....its an Ibanez rg570 circa mid 80's ...the forerunner of steve vai's jemm range....I changed the pickups from the ibz's to dimarzios and added a purple pickguard for fun...its a very reliable guitar...never goes out of tune...a real workhorse shredder^_^

You've just reminded me of the 'favourite' guitar i wish I'd never sold... cost me £40 from a lad round the corner who had too many guitars, including a flight case... had dimazzio pickups and had a through neck (? neither screwed nor glued on)... lovely looking thing it was. The make, Westbury meant nothing to me at the time, nor did the name on the pickups, and it was righthanded, so sold it for £45 quid to 2nd hand shop in Morecambe. I knew i may have got more for it... especially when i saw he was selling the flight case alone for £45 :eek: oh the naivety of skint youth ... then a decade and a half later, the days of Ebay come along and every now and then i see a very similar Westbury guitar going for around or above £300 ... Doh!

RWright

Guru
Here is Juanita, my Hummingbird riding the red rocket...she is an Epiphone not a Gibson :sad: I got it for 75 dollars off craigslist so I was able to boldly learn to make neck adjustments. :smile: I got the action really nice on it now. I like it, sounds pretty good for what it is.
juanitaredrocket_zpsf7620017.jpg

Since I was having so much fun I decided to show you Brandy too, she is riding the Blue Meteor. She is a Mexican Strat, I looked it up but forgot what year it is but it's a Strat so it plays pretty nice, I got it used and she was pretty dialed in when I got it. I haven't done anything to it except take the whammy bar off.

brandyandbluemeteor_zps23e37f82.jpg

On your mark, get set, GO!

guitarsbikes_zps95cce249.jpg

*Note: I would never have done this with that Martin HD 28 V I was considering buying before I got into all this cycling stuff. ;)

I love the look of guitars and would love to be able to play one but......

I have owned 2 guitars and couldn't manage to learn to play either.... one in my very early teens (acoustic) and electric (mid life crisis) both got sold.... second one to help finance a bike.....

Ciar

Veteran
No pics as I am sitting in work, but i play an epiphone swingster which is very similar to a gretsch, has a lovely bigsby on it, my favourite guitar by far, then i have a cheapo lapsteep electro/acoustic which sounds tasty but needs to be repaired not working properly with my amp.. last is the first guitar I was bought my the missus, it's a Yamaha acoustic and it's lovely :smile:

will chuck up some pics tonight.

Teuchter

Über Member
I've got a couple of old guitars and have recently begun playing now and then once more after laying them up for a year or so after a shoulder injury (from cycling) made playing too painful.

Now at least, my playing is only painful on the ears!

It's nothing fancy but my SG styled Vintage VS6 like this one, coupled with a Roland Microcube lets me escape from the kids and inexpertly murder old rock songs.

vs6large.jpg

Ciar

Veteran
These are two of the guitars i own, my swingster and the acoustic the missus bought me :smile:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 82
  • images1.jpg
    images1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom