Show us your garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Side garden and the summer house, which MrsF used for crafts and sewing, but it looks like its my office for the future year.....
20200602_120945.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

Another view of side
20200611_093355.jpg

fossyant

Our garden is quite small, but we've a fair bit of space at the side that took us 20 years to work out what we needed to do with it, that's when we decked it and put the summer house on about 4 years ago, with two large raised beds (I built it as part of my broken spine recovery). It had been for growing veg, but we were too busy with work.

The back garden is tiny, but does have a conservatory, hot tub, arbour, cat run and a blooming trampoline in (not on photo's but to right of the arbour/cat run shot.

The cat's access the cat run via a side window in the conservatory, then have access down to the arbour, under that, and you'll see a mesh tunnel just above the curved fence that runs along the back to two 'viewing platforms', one near the garage, the other behind the arbour.

We've also got a raised deck to the right of the hot tub, which fills in the waste space behind the garage - it's nice to sit on on a sunny evening, as there is just a field behind us - that was built during shoulder surgery - one handed !!

The hot tub was moved to the permanent 'gazebo' a couple of years ago. It's glazed both sides to allow the light through and the roof is perspex. We leave the tub up all year round as the first year we tried to store it, and that's when you get 'punctures' as the plastic is very tough and doesn't like being folded when 'cold'.

My back garden grass is looking fab at the moment - it's been fed with iron sulphate diluted in a watering can. Great stuff and a fraction of the cost of "lawn feed". The other lawns are picking up now with some much needed rain - the back garden has much better soil as we put that down, rather than the builders (the front and side are very dry).

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm no gardener but this was our back yard when the kids and I got the house nearly 4 years ago. It's not clear in the photo, but it was full of big dips and mounds and rubbish.

This spring I'd had enough of killing myself trying to mow it and decided to level it out. Bought myself a cheap electric tiller and went nuts on it. The amount of crap I dragged out of the soil (including 2 lawnmower blades!) half filled the wheeiebin.
It seemed the hulk had also tried his luck at leveling it once in the past. I found his body, 2 arms and 1 leg.
The soil is crap, frankly, but I managed to produce actual real grass! :eek: And it's flat :biggrin:
More work to follow.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Hicky

Guru
This is our garden, taken today.

This was not long after we moved in. I’d scarified the grass heavily as it was more or less just moss. Clearly the shrubs weren’t in leaf. We decided to do nothing for two years beyond maintenance to learn the plants/shrubs and what we liked/didn’t. The garden was the reason we bought the house.

Top Bottom