Show us your hire bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very impressed with the Clonakilty (Co. Cork, Ireland) Community Cycle Scheme. This is from last January.
P1040589.JPG

RegG

Über Member
This bike was on free loan from the hotel we stayed at in Sirmione, Lake Garda, Italy in the summer.... It had just been serviced apparently but not sure who by as it was not good!!!

IMG_0256.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I borrowed this bike from a cousin for my week in Scotland in September. I didn't actually 'hire' it, but I treated him to a £19 20 cL bottle of Oban whisky afterwards to show my appreciation, so we could call that the 'hire charge'! :okay:

Cannondale hire bike.jpg

In case you are wondering - that is a bungee cord wrapped round the top tube. I always carry one when taking a bike on public transport after experience of missing/broken securing straps in train bicycle storage areas.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I hired this in the Dordogne a couple of weeks ago. I will always hire a bike rather than fly my own, but never hired a Hybrid before. My fellow club riders were on their own road bikes so I was a bit concerned. However the bike worked perfectly and it kept with the rest of the mob with no problems. Gearing suited the never ending hills as well.
35565008552_d9343a6403.jpg

mrseasons

Once hired a Pinerello in Majorca that was so much better than my then current bike, it made me want (no, NEEEED) a new bike haha.
anyone else had that problem? hiring something better than they owned?

bigjim

Legendary Member
Once hired a Pinerello in Majorca that was so much better than my then current bike, it made me want (no, NEEEED) a new bike haha.
anyone else had that problem? hiring something better than they owned?
Yea every time I go. Especially when they hire me something like this
8689161512_6ecb7be2d3_c.jpg

Top Bottom