Show us your...... homemade Sloe Gin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
Just about to start my bullace gin next week. I've got over 4kg of the little things in the freezer so I should be good for a month or two

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
20170916_131837.jpg

Some of this year's haul.

We have also been growing hops
IMG_20170914_163047_494.jpg
IMG_20170914_163047_499.jpg

For our Community Beer. We have just harvested 75kg between all the households and the local brewery is making it as I type :hyper:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
From a couple of years ago....
IMG_20151206_190917815.jpg

Top lesson learned - it's not worth using only strongly flavoured sugar because it tends to mask the flavour of the fruit.

I'm looking out at another good year of rowan berries, although sadly I think most of the easily reachable ones have been eaten already. Rowanberry gin is delicious as a bittering agent - I've made a very nice cocktail with it, rum and fancy orangeade. The rose bush isn't doing as well this year as it did in 2015, but we've got quite a lot of apples again.

We've also got very good crops of holly berries and pyrocantha berries. But I don't think it's a very good idea to use either for drinks....

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've been given a bottle of rather smashing-looking sloe gin (from an expensive firm of lawyers so I assume it's pretty decent stuff)

What's the skinny with drinking it? Is it mainly for sippin' or is it mixed or is it good for cocktails or summat?

Top Bottom