Show us your hub gear bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reluctant

Mr. Charlie Upright Esq. aka a 1992 Raleigh Chiltern. For relaxed cruising to work on sunny days only (cos the brakes don't work in the wet!)
Raleigh3.jpg

Garz

Squat Member
Beautiful machines there!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
very nice, beautiful (except the saddle), is the shifter also consistent with the colour scheme?:smile:

rolff_ii.jpg

Darn, I think I may have to go for that, oh and I changed the forks to Salsa unicrown steel 29er ones so that I can fit proper mudguards if I want. But I do have future desires around some suspension forks, black and red of course.

Anyone need a set of On-One carbon rigid 29er forks almost unused?

Saundie

Über Member
Some very nice looking bikes in this thread. I especially like the look of yours, Jezston, you've done a fine job with it! Unfortunately the first couple of posts make me regret buying a Pompetamine Versa Pro over the Day 01, but you live and learn I guess :smile:

5M177Y

Über Member
Granville, Pannonia Mayfair with a 3XRD and 2 cogs for a six speed machine.
DSC_0104.jpg
Hi Night Train. I have just got one of these, I was hoping you might be able to tell me what the plastic knob on the handlebars is supposed to do?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hi Night Train. I have just got one of these, I was hoping you might be able to tell me what the plastic knob on the handlebars is supposed to do?
Ahhhh, the infamous plastic knob!:giggle:

It is supposed to be a quick release for the quill. If you undo it a few turns and knock it downwards the bars will be able to turn sideways for more compact folding.
I am not sure if it should release the bars to flip forward/backwards though. It looks like it ought to but mine feels like it is seized or brazed in place. If it is free to move it might make the fold a little more compact.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
I love this thread heres mine, velorbis scrap deluxe 2011 model, 5 speed SA drum brake hub

here she is on a trip to CERN
IMG_2021.jpg

and when new and shiney
IMG_1202.jpg

also had older black version, with the non W 5 speed SA hub - that one was like a bag of spanners!
IMG_0626.jpg

but it did do the dunwich dynamo one year ^_^

5M177Y

Über Member
It is supposed to be a quick release for the quill. If you undo it a few turns and knock it downwards the bars will be able to turn sideways for more compact folding.
I am not sure if it should release the bars to flip forward/backwards though. It looks like it ought to but mine feels like it is seized or brazed in place. If it is free to move it might make the fold a little more compact.
Thanks Night Train. I have a couple of questions, so have started a new thread here Pannonia Mayfair

Top Bottom