Show us your knackered kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'd say that was pretty knackered. You win.

Id raced two seasons on that- and those chainrings.

It started off as an odd indentation in the paint which slowly grew. The last time I took it out I put the green marker on it and then chucked it down a rutted byway.

Took it back to the framebuilder (Neil Orrell) and it's been solid for a good 18 month since.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I would have taken a picture of the rear mudguard on the commuter, it has snapped clean in two and is currently held together with packaging tape, also secured to the bike with said packaging tape. Has been like that for a couple of months but I dropped it in the LBS yesterday for a new set to be fitted. @13 rider and @tallliman can bear witness to my brilliant bodging as they have seen it in the flesh ^_^

dan_bo

A long, long time ago I thought it was a good idea to ride an old rod-braked (i.e.none) butchers' bike to a mates in heavy rain at rush hour.

Ended up having to kick the front wheel in at speed going downhill to a red light T junction- full mudguards preventing me putting my foot on the back tyre to slow. That was a mess.

This was before digital photography mind.

dan_bo

keffenfarked (2).jpg

Product of another high energy bike/tree interface....

Original thread here

Johnno260

Veteran

I would have taken a picture of the rear mudguard on the commuter, it has snapped clean in two and is currently held together with packaging tape, also secured to the bike with said packaging tape. Has been like that for a couple of months but I dropped it in the LBS yesterday for a new set to be fitted. @13 rider and @tallliman can bear witness to my brilliant bodging as they have seen it in the flesh ^_^

I certainly can....as someone with electrical tape fixes on one of my light brackets, it's a good solution.

Didn't @13 rider have a pic of us which shows the fix?

Top Bottom