Show us your knackered kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
missus that. Still looks fit in them kex.
Don't get me wrong. My Kay's Catalogue is staying under the bed tonight.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I diagnosed my phantom broken spoke/flat tyre issue today. My poor Swift!
Thankfully it failed in the best possible way - it came off in my hand as I guided my bike out of the bike shed!

Attachments

• IMG_20170313_161106.jpg
    IMG_20170313_161106.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I diagnosed my phantom broken spoke/flat tyre issue today. My poor Swift!
Thankfully it failed in the best possible way - it came off in my hand as I guided my bike out of the bike shed!
Judging by the spate of recent threads, has anyone got a functioning Brooks at the moment?

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm ashamed at how long it took me to spot the problem.:blush:

It took me a few moments as well.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didn't realise how bad the tyre was, until someone at work asked if I'd been riding through red paint
With great curiosity, I looked......

2007. Yellow Bike. 3.JPG 2007. Yellow Bike. 5.JPG

It was my work-bike, & I guess that as it hadn't punctured, & it was mid-summer, so not really washed, I never noticed

A good advertisement for the tyres fitted though!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didn't realise how bad the tyre was, until someone at work asked if I'd been riding through red paint
With great curiosity, I looked......

View attachment 342455 View attachment 342456

It was my work-bike, & I guess that as it hadn't punctured, & it was mid-summer, so not really washed, I never noticed

A good advertisement for the tyres fitted though!
Yes! Yes!!! Your shooty kit feeds me!

Just got off the phone from the Canyon mechanic who prompted this thread. To summarise, I am to sit on the naughty step for 48 minutes (following the naughty step rule about minutes and age) and have a good think about how I look after my toys. I'm actually grateful as they've fixed the original issue (not caused by my maintenance regime) and effectively serviced the bike. Some issues were fair enough, but I was surprised that some other components have worn so quickly.

I'm going to send him this link. :evil:

Top Bottom