Show us your lights!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
fossyant said:
Ta Da..... (The Knog is matt black - it's there.....)

DSCF3629a.jpg
hehe , a wall of light, i like it :laugh: :tongue:

Attachments

• DSCF3629a.jpg
    DSCF3629a.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31

Tharg2007

Veteran
Tharg2007 said:
I have found that super bright lights command respect on the roads, you get loads of room for the simple fact that other traffic can only see the lights and not you, this means it could be anything, car with only one light, motorbike, truck. If it registers in their moton brains that you are a bike the instant brain impulse is to disregard you as traffic.
If you angle the lights so as not to beam directly in the eyes there is no problem.

HJ said:
I agree with Tharg, I give you the DiNotte 400L Road Rider Experience...

In addition to my statement I also prefer constant to flashing as a flashing light registers "cyclist = disregard" on the motons brain. Although I have had my smart on flash recently i will be changing to constant on that too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My 'argument' with using powerful lights is it makes you stand out in traffic - especially when filtering or moving at traffic speed - you need something that shows up against 55w headlamps, and, more increasingly, the HID's

Amanda P

Legendary Member
May I refer the honourable members (and the rest of you) to this thread.

I usually use one of these lights, as pictured here, plus a Smart 1/2-watt job at the back. Cheapie LED lights front and rear as backups or (in town) flashers.

The Fisha lights are brilliant in every sense; highly recommended. Very bright, very efficient, not expensive.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
The rear Dinotte is a cracker - it nearly blinded me when HJ accidentally left it on for a short while during the day (in bright sunshine) on PfS!!

Sorry Goo...:biggrin:

scouserinlondon

My DX finally made it through the postal strike. I've got a Fenix L2D but it's frankly dwarfed by the light from this $11 dollar bad boy. It's like owning a fricking star.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26800

Only used twice and still running on first batteries but doubt they'll last the full journey home tonight.

I have the flood-to-throw lighting up the road directly in front and the fenix angled a bit higher.

On the back I've got a Mars for and a cateye LD600

Downward

Guru
2 x Tesco Torches and 1 of their little LED's on the front
1 x Smart 1/2 Watt and Little Tesco Led on the Rear
1 x Not sure of the name Rear Light and 1 x 3 LED Smart light on the Rear of they Hybrid

I can swap the torches and little led lights between bikes as I am a fair weather roadie !!

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Downward said:
2 x Tesco Torches and 1 of their little LED's on the front
1 x Smart 1/2 Watt and Little Tesco Led on the Rear
1 x Not sure of the name Rear Light and 1 x 3 LED Smart light on the Rear of they Hybrid

I can swap the torches and little led lights between bikes as I am a fair weather roadie !!

So thats 3 lights on the front and 4 on the back?

My poor battery charger is on 24/7 at the moment and it still can't keep all my batteries for my front light, headtorch and two rear lights charged.

Top Bottom