Show us your lights!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

For the last week I've been trying to nosey at what lights other cyclists are using, in terms of lights, to commute with.

I wanted to know if they had their lights flashing, did they use a mega powerful recharable light or just a 3LED supermarket jobby?
However, after a week of 'spying' it would appear that the answer is no-one else bothers with lights, they just ride on the pavement instead!

So i'm now looking to see what lights CC forumers use. Lets see what you need when you don't ride everywhere on the pavement!

Here's a pic of my new 1/2 RSP rear light).

mr Mag00

rising member
lumicycle halogen up front, and a cateye ld600 plus a smart on the rear

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Always a good idea being nosey at other lights. I use a cateye el-1000 with rechargeable batteries, I also have a back up mars 4 and a tertiary little blinky thing that attaches to the helmet but I've lost the magnet. They cateye has started riding the humps so I've had to tie it on with cable ties :biggrin:. Someone I ride with has a frigging dinotte, the only light I know that works well in daylight!

Norm

Looks like we have the same rear light, although I have a Cateye LD150 as well, with one flashing and one on constant. My kids have a Frog on their tails as well as the Cateye.

Up front, an Exposure Enduro Maxx-2 on the mid+flash setting is bright enough for me and gets every car headlight dipped. :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
More pics and detail here:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=870137&postcount=32

3941566349_650cc83618.jpg

Attachments

• 3941566349_650cc83618.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 49
I use a new RSP on the back (not flashing) along with an old Cat Eye (flashing). At the front I use a Fenix LD20 mounted on a Twofish Lock block. The fenix will accept recharcheable AA's, is virtually indestructable, and is bright enough for off road use. It's also got a strobe setting if your partial to impromptu raving.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i use a custom made 3w LED and a helmet mounted Cree high power torch up front,
Rear is a custom made 1w LED and a 1/2w smart.
Both the front lights are constant as is the rear 1w, the smart flashes.
Will get some pics later.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Up front - 3W Tesco LED torch, white backup-type flashing.
Rear - saddle with built-in flashing LEDs, 3 LED Smart and backup-type flashing.
If it's really dark - like FNRttC dark, I'll add a second front and a whole load of backups on a helmet.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Origamist said:

So is that like a supa-bright torch strapped to your bars?

Looks mighty powerful

Attachments

• 3941566349_650cc83618.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 49

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ok heres mine...bear in mind they are in need of a recharge and will be done friday ready for next week so they are a bit dimmer than fresh ones.
1015x.jpg

I have 2 X 1 watt lights and a 3watt tesco c size led on the front, i find they tend to be tight beams so i have them all aimed at the same point on the road , i think i need a stronger light tbh .
1016r.jpg

On the back i have a 1/2 watt smart flasher , a standard 5 led under the seat and the top one is actually a little flasher on my helmet

Tharg2007

Veteran
I have found that super bright lights command respect on the roads, you get loads of room for the simple fact that other traffic can only see the lights and not you, this means it could be anything, car with only one light, motorbike, truck. If it registers in their moton brains that you are a bike the instant brain impulse is to disregard you as traffic.
If you angle the lights so as not to beam directly in the eyes there is no problem.

Top Bottom