Show us your lights!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

fossyant said:
So what was the delivery time like.....

Frankly horrific. I ordered the fenix and a holder on the 17th of September. Got the torch last week, and the holder is still to arrive. Flood to throw (which is the best light) took three weeks. I think the postal strike added at least one week though.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
fossyant said:
So what was the delivery time like.....

Dealextreme tend not to hold stock they arrogate orders until they can get a container load of stuff from China, so it can take a couple of months before your order comes back. Just one of the reasons it is cheap... :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
I vary what lights I use depending on what bike I'm using and what roads I'm on.

All in all I have;

Front
Smart Electron 5w & 10w rechargable halogen front lights
2 x Tesco 3w torches
1 x Cateye EL130

Rear
2 x Smart 1/2w
1x cateye LD270

I managed quite well today on pitch black back roads with a 3w Tesco torch and only the 5w wide beam on my halogens on. Didn't get the angle too great in the beginning though as I could see several yards in front, but not far enough ahead to see the bends coming up (nearly ended up in the hedge once going too fast!).

PS Wiggle currently have the Smart 1/2 watt rear light for £8
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Smart_1~2_Watt_3_LED_Rear_Light/5360026001/

mark i

I have a cateye set that provides me with BS6102/3 compliant front and rear lights. Also a BS6102/3 reflector at the rear to keep the lawyers quiet. After that two lumicycle lamps up front, one for round town with a glow ring on, the other with my choice of main beam bulb (20 or 35W spot). The rear extras are a smart 1/2W on the bike flashing (the BS one is constant) and a mars 3.0 attached to me somewhere normally. I probably look rubbish with that many lights on, but I would prefer to be rubbish and seen!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Noticed when I got home on Friday that one of the side-on LEDs and one of the main bottom-row LEDS on my Cateye LD-1100 have died. ;)

Of course, this might be the excuse I'm looking for to spend silly money on something like a Dinotte for Christmas!

jonredhornet

Here's my winter bike. I'm using V4 Ay-Ups on the front (helmet & handlebar pointed at the road) and a Cateye TL LD1100 (flasing) and TL LD600 on the back (steady light).

side_small.jpg

front_small.jpg

Matty

jonredhornet said:
Here's my winter bike. I'm using V4 Ay-Ups on the front (helmet & handlebar pointed at the road) and a Cateye TL LD1100 (flasing) and TL LD600 on the back (steady light).

side_small.jpg

You must have a short commute, being plugged into the wall! Or a long cable............

thomas

the tank engine
jonredhornet said:

I feel very small and insignificant now Jon!! ;)

Those Ay-ups look impressive though!...Can't find your airzound though!

jonredhornet

I went on a night ride the other night so swapped the Airzound for a water bottle :angry: I always use it on my commutes tho, came in handy so many times now.

Plax

Guru
This thread is just making me want to go out and buy some Ayups. Please stop, I have to save up for my holiday!

Downward

Guru
RedBike said:
So thats 3 lights on the front and 4 on the back?

My poor battery charger is on 24/7 at the moment and it still can't keep all my batteries for my front light, headtorch and two rear lights charged.

Yeah 2 torches (AA Batts)
And either 1 x Smart 1/2 Watt (2 x AAA) or I have 2 lights on the Hybrid (4 x AAA)

The little LED lights are CR2032's I think.

My commute is 1 Hour per day max so I recharge the AA's once a week although this will prob increase to twice when it's dark morning and night.

I picked up a Uniross 15 minute charger so can charge them when I get to work in the time it takes me to get changed, have breakfast and turn on the PC !

Picked up a cracking little Rear light for £2.70 from Dealextreme though - 8 LED's and about 6 flashing modes

scouserinlondon

I fell foul of not charging my batteries today. Both my fenix and my dx special gave up the ghost on the ride home today. Had spare batts with me. But what do you guys do, wait until your batteries go dead or just replace each night?

Finding my rechargable batteries are lasting about 1.5 hours per charge but I do have both lights on full tilt. And this is their first charge cycle

Top Bottom