Show us your lights!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict

21eyrly.jpg

New light debut on yesterday's commute.

I have ordered those spoke reflectors but I already look like a hi-viz christmas tree anyway.:laugh:

Attachments

• 21eyrly.jpg
    21eyrly.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25

PBancroft

garrilla said:
Do you know if they fit bladed-spokes? I can't think why they wouldn't, but better to check !

No idea. I have one or two spare so if you PM me I'll pop one in the post to you so you can check.

garrilla

Tharg2007 said:
can we get back to topic please, there is a lack of picks in this thread. :laugh: :cry:

some pics with a phone in a darkened garage

Front: Cat's Eye EL 530
Rear: Cat's Eye LD 1100
Stays: Fibre Flare

I've been meaning to take some beams shots for ages, but keep forgetting

I think the Fibre Flares have really made a difference to how much space I get at night.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Ay Up roadie lamps on the front DiOnette 140L on the rear and a Smart Superflash on my bag!:rolleyes:

And it's true, bright lights, even in the day, get you more notice from other drivers.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
B&M IQ Cyo/ Shimano hub, Dinotte 140L at the back with a cheap dynamo-powered rear light from SJS cycles bargain bin for backup. Can't take a picture because I'd need some rollers and an assistant.

Norm

trio25 said:
So what is on your wheels to reflect so effectively?
Sekuclip by 3M, lovely things they are too.

semislickstick said:
Do they rattle around at all when the wheel is moving?
No, they clip tightly and don't move at all.

jonredhornet said:
Brilliant, I'm gonna get me some of those spoke reflectors!
They are brilliant and I got some for Christmas, which I just fitted...
th_DSCN2126.jpg

For reference, I left the old reflectors on just to compare the old and the new. I don't think there's much comparison, the spoke reflectors are fantastic and better in their own right, without contemplating the safety issues which some have.

I got a pack of 72 reflectors which, after seeing the above, I'm splitting between three bikes. The above bike has only got one reflector every three spokes. I wasn't sure at first whether that would work or if I'd need to get some more but that looks good enough to me.

Attachments

• th_DSCN2126.jpg
    th_DSCN2126.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom