Show us your man cave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Hell after seen all this I am not posting a pic of my almost falling apart garage full of humidity and spider webs..!

But is fits 5 bikes at the moment and two turbo trainers.

P.S: has a fridge with beer in it...!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have been inspired by this thread and started excavating a potential cave floor. I discovered some signs of very minor pre-intelligent life, plumbers and electricians from a long gone era. Some say that they disappeared to the Iberian peninsular and drank themselves to death in a state of smugness inside their tiled villas. Others say that tribes from Poland over-ran them and made them redundant. Who knows? You never can be entirely sure about archeological reconstructions , can you?

I suspect that it might be a while before my cave floor is covered with Mammoth shag-pile, but I'm hoping for a fire pit for the charred bones of small animals in the corner....fire regs.
IMG_0033.JPG
permitting.

What machines are those running ?
In that corner we have Victorian to early 30s lathes, pillar drills and a boring machine, elsewhere there is a machine with the sole purpose of drilling traction engine rims for the spoke rivets, a huge vertical boring machine nicknamed "the roundabout" because the operator sits besides the tool as it goes around the stationary work and various other oddities of engineering history.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
In that corner we have Victorian to early 30s lathes, pillar drills and a boring machine, elsewhere there is a machine with the sole purpose of drilling traction engine rims for the spoke rivets, a huge vertical boring machine nicknamed "the roundabout" because the operator sits besides the tool as it goes around the stationary work and various other oddities of engineering history.
Dont suppose you have a Bursgreen BEN spindle moulder in there do you ? The rise and fall has snapped on mine and i'm after a spare .

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Few changes and finally happy with it

20151221_150932.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I keep my bikes close my the new Beretta shotgun I got for Christmas, which is next to my bed in the gun safe. I'd just like to advertise that too.

If a thief thinks we have bike to steal its going to be pretty bleeding obvious they're on the premises somewhere, so short of never ever venturing out on your bike there nothing you can do.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I keep my bikes close my the new Beretta shotgun I got for Christmas, which is next to my bed in the gun safe. I'd just like to advertise that too.

You Sir are a Browning* man, one of those dainty Berettas just would not suit you.

* - If you won the lottery tonight it would be a Krieghoff.

[QUOTE 4093870, member: 9609"]that looks like an old Seddon Atkinson tractor unit (could even be a 'borderer'), does it have a cummins engine in it ?[/QUOTE]
Yes it is indeed a Borderer

He sold it a couple of years ago, but he restored it
'It' being used to tow the Emergency Winder trailer around to various Collieries, if needed, I'm sure he told that it was plated to well in excess of the usual (trailer weight) limits of the time
50 tons plating seems to ring the proverbial bell

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/kku-655p-national-coal-board-mines-rescue-atkinson-borderer/

2nd picture down, with 'winder' http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/Station/winder4.htm#top

Ackworth. 17.7.05. Atkinson. Borderer. KKU 655P.JPG

Nostell Steam Fair 2005. Trucks. Atkinson. KKU 655P. 1.JPG Nostell Steam Fair 2005. Trucks. Atkinson. KKU 655P. 2.JPG Nostell Steam Fair 2005. Trucks. Atkinson. KKU 655P. 3.JPG Nostell Steam Fair 2005. Trucks. Atkinson. KKU 655P. 4.JPG

Edit
Just read the winder page, states '47 tons' for trailer/winder/cables (1000 yards of it!!)

Top Bottom