Show us your man cave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
yRbJHt_nnvOHCScXHZfg63YFuiuXzK--DC_0QC6RWVJdcy5wwPS1ENIXmP6SqJIwKVPAnlzTaqgGw749T2n=w952-h633-no.jpg

I decided on a stone roof :P

Now sold

Next one will be bigger :smile:

ELL

Über Member
I had a choice to make when we moved. Turn the smallest bedroom into a man cave or a dressing room for the wife. Needless to say I went for the most peaceful option. So she now has a dressing room. It's fantastic not having her in the bedroom drying her hair in the morning or crashing round getting ready whilst I'm still in bed. I think I wold make the same choice again but these man caves look amazing.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I keep my bikes close my the new Beretta shotgun I got for Christmas, which is next to my bed in the gun safe. I'd just like to advertise that too.

If a thief thinks we have bike to steal its going to be pretty bleeding obvious they're on the premises somewhere, so short of never ever venturing out on your bike there nothing you can do.
How are you finding the Silver Pigeon? I'm still saving my pennies.

pauldavid

Veteran
Would anyone be able to recommend a summerhouse supplier?

We are currently looking for one that will be used as a home office for myself for a day a week, family/kids/friends space over the summer and winter turbo hell hole?

I am currently looking at the Billyho 5000 range from Garden Buildings Direct but I always prefer recommendations if possible.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Would anyone be able to recommend a summerhouse supplier?

We are currently looking for one that will be used as a home office for myself for a day a week, family/kids/friends space over the summer and winter turbo hell hole?

I am currently looking at the Billyho 5000 range from Garden Buildings Direct but I always prefer recommendations if possible.
I used garden buildings direct.....but if you want to use it all year around make sure you choose a summerhouse thats a minimum of 44mm thick.

I bought a standard one and it was freezing in the winter when i was training. Now spending the summer putting in a thermal lining and plasterboard.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We bought a pretty standard 6 x 8 summer house. But I've lined it with insulation and ply wood. Despite the polycarbonate glass front, the temperature stays fairly static and it's dead easy to heat. Most summer houses will need insulating and lining. It's not for my bikes though, it's not secure enough. You'll need to spend a few bob on a really secure summer house if you want to keep bikes in it.

fossyant

Don't forget the armoured cable for mains. I've wired it into a RCD plug in the garage, that then runs into the summer house and spurs off two double sockets and two lights. Oh and a powerline wifi extender for your sufferfest/zwift !!!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

We bought a pretty standard 6 x 8 summer house. But I've lined it with insulation and ply wood. Despite the polycarbonate glass front, the temperature stays fairly static and it's dead easy to heat. Most summer houses will need insulating and lining. It's not for my bikes though, it's not secure enough. You'll need to spend a few bob on a really secure summer house if you want to keep bikes in it.
mine is fully alarmed, double glazed and 5 bolt lock.............ive also got the mains wifi extender, pc and large screen

its awesome for Zwifting during the winter months

pauldavid

Veteran
I used garden buildings direct.....but if you want to use it all year around make sure you choose a summerhouse thats a minimum of 44mm thick.

I bought a standard one and it was freezing in the winter when i was training. Now spending the summer putting in a thermal lining and plasterboard.

Thanks Jowwy, I take it you were happy with garden buildings direct?

I'd already accounted for needing to insulate and line the summerhouse, probably just using polystyrene sheet for the insulation.

fossyant

mine is fully alarmed, double glazed and 5 bolt lock.............ive also got the mains wifi extender, pc and large screen

its awesome for Zwifting during the winter months

Ours is only overlap construction, but the windows/doors wouldn't take much to put in. My garage is like fort knox, and I use the laptop on a workstand for the Zwift setup - bit industrial !

My brother in law just had his bike knicked from his man cave. It's currently being constructed, but his UPVC door wasn't fully glazed, so they kicked in the temporary panel, climbed in, then got the bike out of a big window.

fossyant

Dont use polystyrene, it's a mess. This stuff is great:-

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Thermal-Insulation-Foil-Roll-600mmx8m/p/210022

Easy to cut, lightweight, and works. Before fitting, the shed would get really hot with the sun on the roof/sides. Fitted this stuff throughout, then ply lined and painted. The summer house stays nice and cool now, and retains the heat later on in the evening, and on cold days. You can fit the foil with a staple gun.

pauldavid

Veteran
Dont use polystyrene, it's a mess. This stuff is great:-

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Thermal-Insulation-Foil-Roll-600mmx8m/p/210022

Easy to cut, lightweight, and works. Before fitting, the shed would get really hot with the sun on the roof/sides. Fitted this stuff throughout, then ply lined and painted. The summer house stays nice and cool now, and retains the heat later on in the evening, and on cold days. You can fit the foil with a staple gun.

Thank you, that looks like a much better idea

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ours is only overlap construction, but the windows/doors wouldn't take much to put in. My garage is like fort knox, and I use the laptop on a workstand for the Zwift setup - bit industrial !

My brother in law just had his bike knicked from his man cave. It's currently being constructed, but his UPVC door wasn't fully glazed, so they kicked in the temporary panel, climbed in, then got the bike out of a big window.
yeh i fitted secondary glazing on the inside to both doors and windows. Had the glazing with pre-drilled holes and then bolted them on the inside. Also with the double doors, i had the one bolted perminantly shut and that added the extra locks.

Top Bottom