Show us your man cave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Here's my environment, if you can call it that!

man cave 1.jpg

man cave 2.jpg

Daddybus

Über Member
I've some old angle iron shelf supports that I hang some of mine on. They're approx a foot long so will fit a bike + spare wheels etc
IMG_20161213_175258.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Finished building what will end up being a summer house and shed last weekend. We needed a bit more space so decided on a medium size shed but the plans kept getting more extravagant, up to the point where we were going to be 5k into a log cabin. Reigned it in a bit and compromised on the "shed" below. We nicknamed it the stables due to its size. Split 8ftx10 for the summer house and 12x10 for the shed.

Still plenty to do but its getting there.

20161204_153436_zps9dftckrg.jpg

Attachments

• 20161204_153436_zps9dftckrg.jpg
    20161204_153436_zps9dftckrg.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Mines a log cabins and once finished will of cost around £7.5k :sad:

It just better last 20 years +
Then I'll be out the dog house

It will. Hope you do, though! :smile:

Jody

Stubborn git

They are not cheap but if you get the right timber thickness they do feel like a solid quality building. Wish I could have gone this route but couldn't justify it with a baby due in the next 4 weeks and missus being on maternity.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

It just better last 20 years +
Then I'll be out the dog house
When I built our small summerhouse 5yrs back I painted everything with Cuprinol upside down before I assembled it and then gave it a 2nd coat when it was together, it seems to be fine still,
002.JPG

Sorry there's a bike in the way but it's the best picture I've got of it.

jamin100

Guru
When I built our small summerhouse 5yrs back I painted everything with Cuprinol upside down before I assembled it and then gave it a 2nd coat when it was together, it seems to be fine still,
View attachment 154265

Sorry there's a bike in the way but it's the best picture I've got of it.

I was told (by the company and installers) not to use Cuprinol / ronseal as there cheap and no good (apparently only good for benches)

They told me to use sadolin (from crown) which is £60 a tin but seems good stuff..

No idea if it's any better than Cuprinol / ronseal though

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was told (by the company and installers) not to use Cuprinol / ronseal as there cheap and no good (apparently only good for benches)

They told me to use sadolin (from crown) which is £60 a tin but seems good stuff..

No idea if it's any better than Cuprinol / ronseal though
5yrs on mine has no rot/damp and still looks 'tip-top', I'd avoid Ronseal though.

Top Bottom